Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Starting to grow

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post

    Default Starting to grow

    Hello guys, I have quite a few questions for you. Let me explain. I have 2 grow boxes. One is 100x100x200mm and the other one is 180x110x240mm. I was planning to use 600mw hps for the smaller grow box and a 1000mw hps for the bigger tent. I was planning to use a smaller tent for vegetative stage and the bigger one for flowering. I was planning to have a 1000g yeild per 3months by doing so. Am I wrong? What would you do? How to best exploit both tents? Is it better to have one for vegetation stage and the other for flowering (like i plan) or is it better to have both tents through the whole process? How to optimize time/yield for those two growboxes? Which lamps would you use? Is it 600hps still good enough for 180x110x240 tent or should i bought 1000w?also,how many plants? I was planning to have 20 plants in the first stage in 100x100x200 tent and then move 15 of those in 180x110x240 tent for flowering. Is this to much or too litle plants? So, i need to know everything about that? How many plants? Wich lights? How long to have plants in the vegetative stage? To optimize time/yield? I was thinking to have plants in the vegetative stage the same amount of time previous flowers needed to flower. Wich technic? Scrog, lst, prunning? Plese tel me how to optimize everything as mutch ass posible.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ketimaj For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (15-07-18), Macky (15-07-18)

  3. #2

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Star Command
    Posts
    21,989
    Thanks
    43,827
    Thanked 54,282 Times in 14,855 Posts

  4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

    AND (15-07-18), hotshot (15-07-18), Innerself (15-07-18), Macky (15-07-18), M_C (15-07-18), Silkadin (18-07-18)

  5. #3

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Browsing the Forum
    Posts
    6,507
    Thanks
    6,725
    Thanked 15,744 Times in 5,487 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ketimaj View Post
    Hello guys, I have quite a few questions for you. Let me explain. I have 2 grow boxes. One is 100x100x200mm and the other one is 180x110x240mm. I was planning to use 600mw hps for the smaller grow box and a 1000mw hps for the bigger tent. I was planning to use a smaller tent for vegetative stage and the bigger one for flowering. I was planning to have a 1000g yeild per 3months by doing so. Am I wrong? What would you do? How to best exploit both tents? Is it better to have one for vegetation stage and the other for flowering (like i plan) or is it better to have both tents through the whole process? How to optimize time/yield for those two growboxes? Which lamps would you use? Is it 600hps still good enough for 180x110x240 tent or should i bought 1000w?also,how many plants? I was planning to have 20 plants in the first stage in 100x100x200 tent and then move 15 of those in 180x110x240 tent for flowering. Is this to much or too litle plants? So, i need to know everything about that? How many plants? Wich lights? How long to have plants in the vegetative stage? To optimize time/yield? I was thinking to have plants in the vegetative stage the same amount of time previous flowers needed to flower. Wich technic? Scrog, lst, prunning? Plese tel me how to optimize everything as mutch ass posible.
    First off, no more than ten plants, it’s a rule we have here, less than ten or you’ll be booted also, expensive to run those hefty bulbs, have you considered led, or cmh bulbs?

    Have an indica dominant strain, cheese, 8 week flower, and veg those for four five weeks, 8 is probably best. Start them in the veg room, and when they get big, move them over. I’d have 1 cmh in the veg tent, and 2 in the big one


    Sent from: Me, to space, and then to you
    My Diaries

    Mackys Field of Blue Dreams

    White Widow Jack Herrer California Orange




    “Reality exists in the human mind, and nowhere else.”
    "Eric Arthur Blair, 1984"

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

    AND (15-07-18), hotshot (15-07-18), Innerself (15-07-18), Silkadin (18-07-18)

  7. #4

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    706
    Thanks
    1,345
    Thanked 1,647 Times in 651 Posts

    Default

    Thats...a whole hell of a lot of questions. I dont think someone can literally tell you every single step to take like that. I suggest reading through the forum and learning a bit about what you want to do first.

  8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to IneptAphid For This Useful Post:

    AND (15-07-18), hotshot (15-07-18), Innerself (15-07-18), Kurdt (15-07-18), Macky (15-07-18), Silkadin (18-07-18)

  9. #5

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,512
    Thanks
    5,733
    Thanked 2,757 Times in 1,175 Posts

    Default

    Should maybe have read through the rules first.
    FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FU#@ING FOR VIRGINITY

    Latest diary http://thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/sh...-x-White-widow

  10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

    AND (15-07-18), hotshot (15-07-18), Innerself (15-07-18), M_C (15-07-18), Silkadin (18-07-18)

  11. #6

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    170
    Thanks
    231
    Thanked 399 Times in 160 Posts

    Default

    I am a n00b as well m8, i spent quite a bit of time on youtube, then went thru this forum, there is a shit lot to take in.. so if i was you i would learn as much as you can that way then get help filling in the blanks, plus everyone has a different setup & ideas, so getting all answers to everything isnt possible m8.

  12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wasted2 For This Useful Post:

    AND (15-07-18), Herbitual (15-07-18), hotshot (15-07-18), Innerself (15-07-18), Kurdt (15-07-18)

  13. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Front room
    Posts
    2,402
    Thanks
    9,240
    Thanked 6,587 Times in 2,059 Posts

    Default

    And that was that..........plenty of time to read up now inc. rulez

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (15-07-18), Innerself (15-07-18), M_C (15-07-18), n00b_gr0wer (15-07-18)

  15. #8

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Location, Location.
    Posts
    1,229
    Thanks
    1,399
    Thanked 3,799 Times in 1,137 Posts

    Default

    I’m still interested in the size of those grow spaces.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I passed the vicar's wife a plate of biscuits but I never expected to see her snatch.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (15-07-18), n00b_gr0wer (15-07-18)

  17. #9

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Location, Location.
    Posts
    1,229
    Thanks
    1,399
    Thanked 3,799 Times in 1,137 Posts

    Default

    20 plants vegging in a cigarette box and 15 flowering in a cigarette carton...we'd have all enjoyed that.

  18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

    G' (16-07-18), hotshot (15-07-18), Ironman (15-07-18), M_C (15-07-18), n00b_gr0wer (15-07-18)

  19. #10

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Down at the bottom of the garden.
    Posts
    8,023
    Thanks
    18,823
    Thanked 25,660 Times in 7,183 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Herbitual View Post
    20 plants vegging in a cigarette box and 15 flowering in a cigarette carton...we'd have all enjoyed that.
    My hammer flexed a little then lol😂

    Sent from ⚒Thames Iron Works⚒

  20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

    Herbitual (15-07-18), hotshot (15-07-18), M_C (15-07-18), n00b_gr0wer (15-07-18)

  21. #11

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Location, Location.
    Posts
    1,229
    Thanks
    1,399
    Thanked 3,799 Times in 1,137 Posts

    Default

    With an earbud for a filter, a flying ant for circulation...what's not to enjoy, Iron?

    ;-)

  22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

    G' (16-07-18), hotshot (15-07-18), Ironman (15-07-18), n00b_gr0wer (15-07-18)

  23. #12

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Location, Location.
    Posts
    1,229
    Thanks
    1,399
    Thanked 3,799 Times in 1,137 Posts

    Default

    He'd probably experience a bit of light bleaching, sure, and controlling the temperature could be a challenge but if he removed the silver paper from the fag box, that would save 1mm on all sides.

  24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

    G' (16-07-18), hotshot (15-07-18), Ironman (15-07-18), M_C (15-07-18), n00b_gr0wer (15-07-18), UpT0wnSkunk (15-07-18)

  25. #13

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Down at the bottom of the garden.
    Posts
    8,023
    Thanks
    18,823
    Thanked 25,660 Times in 7,183 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Herbitual View Post
    He'd probably experience a bit of light bleaching, sure, and controlling the temperature could be a challenge but if he removed the silver paper from the fag box, that would save 1mm on all sides.
    Oh good, room for super cropping then😉

    Sent from ⚒Thames Iron Works⚒

  26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

    G' (16-07-18), Herbitual (15-07-18), hotshot (15-07-18), n00b_gr0wer (15-07-18)

  27. #14

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Location, Location.
    Posts
    1,229
    Thanks
    1,399
    Thanked 3,799 Times in 1,137 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ironman View Post
    Oh good, room for super cropping then��

    Sent from ⚒Thames Iron Works⚒
    LMFAO!

    "You want be topping them, mate, before they reach the bottom of the Marlboro logo."

  28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

    G' (16-07-18), hotshot (15-07-18), Ironman (15-07-18), n00b_gr0wer (15-07-18), UpT0wnSkunk (15-07-18)

  29. #15

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Location, Location.
    Posts
    1,229
    Thanks
    1,399
    Thanked 3,799 Times in 1,137 Posts

    Default

    A fag packet grow is NOT a suggestion for a new competition, btw...feck that.

  30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

    G' (16-07-18), hotshot (15-07-18), Ironman (15-07-18), n00b_gr0wer (15-07-18), UpT0wnSkunk (15-07-18)

  31. #16

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Down at the bottom of the garden.
    Posts
    8,023
    Thanks
    18,823
    Thanked 25,660 Times in 7,183 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Herbitual View Post
    A fag packet grow is NOT a suggestion for a new competition, btw...feck that.
    Drainage holes wouldn't matter lol

    Sent from ⚒Thames Iron Works⚒

  32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

    G' (16-07-18), Herbitual (15-07-18), hotshot (15-07-18), n00b_gr0wer (15-07-18)

  33. #17

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Location, Location.
    Posts
    1,229
    Thanks
    1,399
    Thanked 3,799 Times in 1,137 Posts

    Default

    No zips either...not in a flip-top box.

    Knowing me, I'd probably want to do this in a soft pack.

  34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

    G' (16-07-18), hotshot (15-07-18), Ironman (15-07-18), n00b_gr0wer (15-07-18)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Bonza Seeds - Over 2000 Strains!     |     bongs - herbtools     |     25% off Cannabis Seeds at Dr Chronic     |     buy a bong from Herb Tools     |     GYO Seedbank     |     Buy Cannabis Seeds     |     www.alibongocannabisseeds.co.uk

THCtalk.com Disclaimer - You must be over 18 years old to view/use this site .THCtalk.com does not encourage growing Cannabis or possessing Cannabis. Learning how to grow Cannabis instructions should be for educational purposes only. All Information contained in this web site is for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and Educational purposes only. Visitors to this website are advised against breaking the law as It is illegal to smoke, grow, or possess cannabis in the UK