Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Can someone advise me before my baby dies??

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mgd0123 View Post
    Thanks Macky! I’m trying to grow everything organically so appreciate you advising the organic options! We have a massive compost heap here so I could use that as a tea? The plant is in a pot so by local compost do you mean the soil from the pot? The soil around the grow site is very sandy and not very habitable as my grow site is based on a cliff edge hence why it’s in pots and not in the ground because I couldn’t dig it over enough with the structure of the clif being so close the the surface of the natural soil.

I’m gonna try and spray it with the cider vinegar later and hopefully that should kill it off! Would you say chopping the entire node off where the base has gone Mould would be a better option than just trying to spray it first? Or should I spray and see what happens in a day or two before chopping?

Appreciate the quick response.

Annoying this is, Seedsman claim this strain to be very Mould resistantand designed for cold/wet weather.

The humidity where I am is always very high so I’m wondering if this has something to do with it?

Thanks
    Matt
    Hi humidity, and low air circulation has done it mate, that’s the case most the time. Depending on the damage that the mould has done, and where it is on the plant, would make me choose to remove or treat it. Considering it’s still in veg, removing it wouldn’t be a problem, but, that doesn’t mean it won’t come back some where else on the plant. So treating it would be my best option unles the stems is damaged, and weak, then I’d removed it to save the energy on healing.

Compost tea, the more varieties of compost you can use the better. Buy some from the hydro shop, take some soil from your pots, the ground around the pots, the compost heap, as many places as possible that’s near the plant, the more it can be exposed to this way the better, it’ll build up an immunity to it all.

Make sure you add an air stone and aerate the water for a good few hours before folia feeding though, those good microbes like oxygen, maybe add a bit of unsulphered black strap molasses to the water too for the microbes to eat

Sent from: Me, to space, and then to you

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Mgd0123 (18-07-18)

Thanks

I’d say it’s probably got around 4 weeks left of veg - so removing it might be a better option.

Unfortunately due to where I live, there isn’t a hydro shop anyway near by so, there’s a shity lil gardening store on the island next door but they only really stock things for normal plants haha! So I wouldn’t be able to get an air stone.. what else can you suggest to give the folia feed oxygen? I’m very limited to resources as this is a private island and everything which comes here is through the islands next doors customs.. I managed to buy some pk 13/14 online which got through okay. If I ordered a air stone online could take upto 2 weeks to arrive by then it could be too far gone.. it’s usuall got a fair bit of breeze where I’ve put the plant being so close to the ocean but the humidity is always 60% or more but usually towards 80-90% RH. I guess this will be a big problem in flowering!

I know that inside would be a better option for me but however this is Guerilla style, I’m the only person on the island who can know it exists!

I will try the chopping and cider vinegar then post pics later showing what I’ve done and again in a few days to let you know whether there has been any progress!

Thanks
    Matt

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mgd0123 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default Hopefully I’ve fixed it, fingers crossed

Okay so I have chopped the bad part away which basically fell off the stem because the botto of the node was that rotted! So it’s not the neatest cut as you will see in the photo.
    I’ve also sprayed the plant with a vinegar solution on the infected part.

I have chopped the cutting abit further up and it seems to be healthy further up the branch so as an experiment I’ve kept the cutting and placed it in a glass of water in attempted to revive it and not lose out on the potential bud I may of had from it.

I really don’t know if that was a good idea so feel free to tell me to throw it away if you think it’s not worth making a clone.

Here’s a picture of the plant now I’ve treated it.. I did have more photos but unfortunately it’s not letting me upload them! So this will have to do for now until I try again to upload them later.

Any comments/advice welcome.

Thanks guys,

Matt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1F634BD7-8BCB-49B4-A05A-63CB8E8882E5.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	363152  

Thanks

Need better pics & info of soil, feed & anything else added...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3