Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Long flush,no fade!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,284 Times

Angry Long flush,no fade!

Hello all I’m doing some gorilla glue 4 and some blue gelato 41 in coco,that are now 9 weeks,been feeding none ph water for the past 14 days with some run off,the problem is my leaves are not fading at all really,I was hoping for a lot of bright yellow leaves by now,strange! Your thoughts ppl?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benson123 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-07-18), Ironman (19-07-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Benson123 View Post
    Hello all I’m doing some gorilla glue 4 and some blue gelato 41 in coco,that are now 9 weeks,been feeding none ph water for the past 14 days with some run off,the problem is my leaves are not fading at all really,I was hoping for a lot of bright yellow leaves by now,strange! Your thoughts ppl?
    Try PHing the water mate to about 5.8. You might find that will allow the plant to leech the stored nutes back in to the coco giving you lighter leaves 😉

Sent from ⚒Thames Iron Works⚒

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

Benson123 (19-07-18), GEORGE (23-07-18), Peanut butter (23-07-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ironman View Post
    Try PHing the water mate to about 5.8. You might find that will allow the plant to leech the stored nutes back in to the coco giving you lighter leaves 😉

half of it coming down tomorrow now,but will try that with the last 5 that have another week left,I didn’t ph on purpose,as in locking the nutes out.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benson123 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

half of it coming down tomorrow now,but will try that with the last 5 that have another week left,I didn’t ph on purpose,as locking the notes out.
    I think that could be the issue. You've locked them in.

The nutes will not be transferred from the plant to the medium because the PH is not making those nutes available to the roots to transport.

I bet if you check the PH of the water going in and then the water coming out it will be very similar. If you PH the water going in to 5.8 I reckon it will be about 4.5 coming out the bottom because of the nutes it picks up on the way through.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

Benson123 (19-07-18), GEORGE (23-07-18)

Thanks

My thinking was if I don’t ph the roots will lock out and the plant would use what nutes was left in the food stores,ie the leaves.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benson123 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

My thinking was if I don’t ph the roots will lock out and the plant would use what nutes was left in the food stores,ie the leaves.
    That is sort of correct but I reckon you needed to start that a week earlier than you did. How are your trichs looking?

In soil, that would have worked because the soil buffers the PH back down to what it needs. Then the leeching back into the soil is possible. I know you are not trying to leech back into the coco but this is what is needed if the plant doesn't use them up.

I'm guessing the plant has had ample food throughout the grow and its quite happy with what it has stored. It may even want to go for a bit longer.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

That is sort of correct but I reckon you needed to start that a week earlier than you did. How are your trichs looking?

In soil, that would have worked because the soil buffers the PH back down to what it needs. Then the leeching back into the soil is possible. I know you are not trying to leech back into the coco but this is what is needed if the plant doesn't use them up.

I'm guessing the plant has had ample food throughout the grow and its quite happy with what it has stored. It may even want to go for a bit longer.

Trichs on the GG4 are 90% milky with a few amber,the blue gelato that’s supposed to be a 10 weeker is 95% milky with a few amber,thanks for taking the time to reply friend.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benson123 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Trichs on the GG4 are 90% milky with a few amber,the blue gelato that’s supposed to be a 10 weeker is 95% milky with a few amber,thanks for taking the time to reply friend.
    No worries bud, trichs sound spot on. I think you just got your feeding bang on the money and the plants have got exactly what they need.😁

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

No worries bud, trichs sound spot on. I think you just got your feeding bang on the money and the plants have got exactly what they need.��

nice! I’ll post a couple pics up give me a minute.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benson123 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Gorilla

Blue gelato

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It's nice to be nice.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benson123 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast