Thread: Dimlux co2 sensor

Thanks

Default Dimlux co2 sensor

So I “auto calibrated” it, taking it outside for 10 minutes and then calibrating it to 400. Now it’s been in my room and is showing that co2 levels are around 1300, haven’t seen it below 1200 for a week.

I haven’t turned the co2 on yet because of these readings. Im in a sealed room with no extraction and these readings have been during lights on I keep forgetting to check during lights off. I’m assuming this is wrong as I’m meant to need to supplement co2 the room. I was of the understanding a sealed room would have less co2 than outside of a regular room due to the plants producing oxygen in the day.

have I done something wrong or what? And I’ve also taken the readings as soon as I’ve gone in the room and literally held my breath near the sensor taking the reading so it’s not high because I’ve been in there.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THE DARK KNIGHT For This Useful Post:

British green (20-07-18), GEORGE (20-07-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

What monitor do you have ? How is it measuring the gas . I wear and use a gas monitor for work but has to be calibrated under specific conditions 🇬🇧

Sent from a green and pleasant land

4. The Following User Says Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-07-18)

Thanks

Using the dimlux maxi controller 1.2 with the dimlux co2 sensor.

Thabks BG

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THE DARK KNIGHT For This Useful Post:

British green (20-07-18), GEORGE (24-07-18)

Thanks

I would try leaving the sensor somewhere that you know cannot be 1200ppm ie:bathroom with the extractor fan on, it may just need to be re-calibrated. I have heard that organic growers soils/coco can produce c02 because of the life in the medium

8. The Following User Says Thank You to brianbadonde For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-07-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Quote Originally Posted by THE DARK KNIGHT View Post
    Using the dimlux maxi controller 1.2 with the dimlux co2 sensor.

Thabks BG
    How do you calibrate it . You have a solution or something? Checked my gas monitor and it’s sensor is removed and inserted into a calibration device which then is filled until ppm reaches 500 . Ya get a sounder that beeps and then the calibration button is pressed the sounder beeps one long beep which means it’s calibrated 🇬🇧

Sent from a green and pleasant land

10. The Following User Says Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-07-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brianbadonde View Post
    I would try leaving the sensor somewhere that you know cannot be 1200ppm ie:bathroom with the extractor fan on, it may just need to be re-calibrated. I have heard that organic growers soils/coco can produce c02 because of the life in the medium
    So it turns out i just seriously misjudged the amount of co2 i breathe, i have been in the room a lot as been changing thing around and that is all it was, my breath recirculating. I left the door open for a few hours with a fan near it and it brought the ppm's down to 4-500

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    How do you calibrate it . You have a solution or something? Checked my gas monitor and it’s sensor is removed and inserted into a calibration device which then is filled until ppm reaches 500 . Ya get a sounder that beeps and then the calibration button is pressed the sounder beeps one long beep which means it’s calibrated 
    The controller has an auto calibration setting so its not bang on accurate. When you take it outside you calibrate it to 400 so it wont be far off. give or take 100ppm i guess

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to THE DARK KNIGHT For This Useful Post:

brianbadonde (24-07-18), British green (23-07-18), GEORGE (24-07-18)