Thread: Sick plants in a co2 enriched room

Thanks

Default Sick plants in a co2 enriched room

So a friend gave me some nice sized plants he had spare to put in my room as a had an issue with some of mine.

they didn’t look great but I put that down to his growing skill.

First water i realised there there was no run off......he’d not put any holes in his buckets!! Needless to say the runoff EC was at 7.2, I flushed them with plain water put them under a Scrog net and have been waiting for their recovery. May give them another big flush at the weekend. Another thing I noticed in the runoff was a lid of springtails.....great.

I’m growing in a co2 enriched, sealed room for the first time. I’ve been running the co2 at 1200 with temps 29 day and 21 night. VPD around 1.

anyway my question:

should i I keep the co2 and temps that high whilst they are not in good shape or is it better for them to recover in my normal co2 and temperature conditions?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THE DARK KNIGHT For This Useful Post:

gardro (25-07-18), GEORGE (25-07-18)

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THE DARK KNIGHT For This Useful Post:

gardro (25-07-18), GEORGE (25-07-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

If it is your first time with CO2 then it may be best to sort the plants out under normal conditions
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

British green (25-07-18), gardro (25-07-18), GEORGE (25-07-18), THE DARK KNIGHT (25-07-18), WF420 (25-07-18)

Thanks

Thanks for your reply MC. That’s just because of my experience with co2 though. In all honesty I like to be thrown in at the deep end when it comes to learning, I just want to know what the plants would prefer and why.

IF I was an experienced co2 grower what would be better in aiding them in their recovery. High co2 and temps or lower co2 and temps?
    Last edited by THE DARK KNIGHT; 25-07-18 at 08:26 PM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to THE DARK KNIGHT For This Useful Post:

gardro (25-07-18), GEORGE (27-07-18), M_C (26-07-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

I don't know much about CO2 other than it's for pushing rates and yields beyond 100%

So if they are sick that extra CO2 would not be required by the plants

Same as dimming lights down when they're sick

🔆🔆https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...2&share_type=t

Gardro's coco grow mentored by joker the smoker

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-07-18), THE DARK KNIGHT (13-08-18)

Thanks

i would probably go 1000ppm and 26 degrees it will speed up the metabolism to get rid of the sickness without pushing them too hard, i'm sure they'll let you know if they don't like it

i am not an expert by any stretch

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brianbadonde For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-08-18), THE DARK KNIGHT (13-08-18)

Thanks

could they possibly have a case of root rot/pythium also, due to the lack of drainage and ridiculous salt buildup?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brianbadonde For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-08-18), THE DARK KNIGHT (13-08-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brianbadonde View Post
    could they possibly have a case of root rot/pythium also, due to the lack of drainage and ridiculous salt buildup?
    I can’t be sure as I’ve not removed them from their pots but I was sure they had, for the past two weeks I set temps at 27 co2 @800 flushed them, gave them feedings with silver bulletnjust incase. They didn’t look too much better until midweek last week, I raised the EC put the lights, temps, and co2 back up and repacked the silver bullet with beneficials. They are much much better now. Hasn’t answered my question as to what’s ideal co2 wise with sick plants but hopefully I don’t have to find out anytime soon

ATB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THE DARK KNIGHT For This Useful Post:

brianbadonde (14-08-18), GEORGE (14-08-18)