Thread: Shrivelling leaves on Frisian Duck

Thanks

Default Shrivelling leaves on Frisian Duck

Hi!

Could anyone identify what's wrong with her? It's an outdoor 12/12 from seed Frisian Duck. She never really took off and recently started getting some funny looking shrivelling on the leaves. Any ideas? She's in a mega pot, there was some cover crop that I basically killed off.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Disturbed For This Useful Post:

hotshot (25-07-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,684 Times in 5,957 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    Hi!

Could anyone identify what's wrong with her? It's an outdoor 12/12 from seed Frisian Duck. She never really took off and recently started getting some funny looking shrivelling on the leaves. Any ideas? She's in a mega pot, there was some cover crop that I basically killed off.

Sand soil maybe? JMO

Thanks

I don't think so. It's a mix of worm castings, coco, perlite, little amount of garden soil there might me some sand but soil isn't sandy it's nice and loose doesn't compact

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Disturbed For This Useful Post:

hotshot (26-07-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,348 Times in 1,028 Posts

I don't mean to be rude but it looks HECK of a lot like mint. Are those other plants around her much more established? Could be the other plants are out-competing your seedling. Just my 2 cents.
    Fight for your health.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

hotshot (26-07-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    I don't mean to be rude but it looks HECK of a lot like mint.
    Woooow rly? You neve heard of Frisian Duck? It's a stealth strain, not supposed to look like weed lol.

There was a big kale plant in there and a ton of cover crop but I cut it all down. If it's not a disease then I'll leave her be.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Disturbed For This Useful Post:

hotshot (28-07-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,506 Times in 881 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    I don't mean to be rude but it looks HECK of a lot like mint. Are those other plants around her much more established? Could be the other plants are out-competing your seedling. Just my 2 cents.
    thats the idea. It is a stabilised mutation. The leaves dont develop like normal canna leaves. Although in bud it is a lot more obvious

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priapus For This Useful Post:

Gaz (07-08-18), hotshot (28-07-18)