Thread: Thc/cbd oil and water combination

Thanks

Default Thc/cbd oil and water combination

Hi everyone following on from posting an introduction I’d like to share some details about a thc oil I have made.

Basically I was attempting to make some thc coconut oil but I believe the water that I added to the mixture to prevent the oil from burning is a useful byproduct that defiantly has an effect.
    I’m struggling to understand as to why it works because as far as I’m aware oil and water do not mix nor is thc or cbd water soluble.
    I decarbed 54gram of bud and trim after passing through a food processor (4/10 quality for the buds that’s why I decided to make oil from it) and cooked in a slow cooker for 8 hours with 500ml of coconut oil.
    I added around 250ml of water in total throughout the cooking process and strained when finished.
    A friend had emptied the entire cook in to jars when cooled and I put the jars in the fridge in order for the oil to set.
    When the oil had set the water hadn’t (obviously) instead of disposing if the water I and a few friends tried some at a dose of 1ml under the tongue.
    After trying 1ml my friends had reported better sleeps,less pain (this proves it does work to me as many of them suffer from weight training injuries) and an overall calming feeling.
    I would be grateful if anyone could shed some light on what the water is? Can it be cbd or thc water? Is it a placebo affect?.
    The oil that has set does what I wanted it to but defiantly needs fine tuning as I had limited resources at the time (no thermostat,sub par bud,no digital slow cooker etc).
    Any knowledge would be much appreciated.
    Thanks everyone

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cheddarize For This Useful Post:

gardro (29-07-18), GEORGE (29-07-18), M_C (29-07-18), Priapus (29-07-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,776 Times

I would imagine that some THC/CBD would leech into the water, hence the effect
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

gardro (29-07-18), GEORGE (29-07-18), Priapus (29-07-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Surfactant ?

🔆🔆https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...2&share_type=t

Gardro's coco grow mentored by joker the smoker

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-07-18), M_C (29-07-18), Priapus (29-07-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,482 Times

Always something new to discover

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Priapus For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-07-18)

Thanks

Il be making a second batch this week sometime with 1.5oz bud and maybe 1oz of leaves I have frozen.
    I can take some photos if anyone is interested there’s not a terrible amount to see though.
    This method of making oil really has great benefits as the oil does get you there and it’s a different high to smoking in my opinion and the remaining water is also useful in ways I described at the start.I didn’t expect it to do anything and I’m quite shocked that it has such great benefits,I would urge other oil crafters to try it and see what they think.I find it intriguing as I can’t find any other recipes that state that when added to the oil the water left over is usable.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cheddarize For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-08-18)

Bomber Guest

There’s really no need to add water in the first place. Just watch your temps and it’s fine

Thanks

It was my second attempt at making oil,didn’t use any water the first time as I was able to keep an eye on the pot throughout,the second attempt I wasn’t able to be there all day so asked a friend to add a little bit of water every couple of hours because I used a very basic slow cooker on the low setting and for some reason belived the water would help.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cheddarize For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-08-18)

Thanks

By surfactant Does that mean that part of the thc that the oil has taken on is now suspended within the water? Sorry if that sounds stupid

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cheddarize For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Just Google surfactant mate, they going help oils and water mix

Im know nothing about canna concentrates though, Bomber's our expert here

🔆🔆https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1070817743

Gardro's coco grow mentored by joker the smoker

17. The Following User Says Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-08-18)