Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Possible nitrogen deficiency

Thanks

Default Possible nitrogen deficiency

Hi Thc!
    I think I might have a possible nitrogen def on my hands but I’ll give you a bit of back info first so hopefully that’ll make it a bit easier.

I’m growing in canna terra pro plus soil.
    Using canna terra nutes also using plant magic ignition.

These plants are about 11 weeks old roughly and thy were flipped to 12/12 2 weeks ago today.
    They only started having nutes in he last week of veg which consisted of just a little canna terra vega 1.5ml/L I think it was. They then started to lighten up during the first week of flip so I increased it slightly to 2.5ml/L for the second week of 12/12 which now leaves me here.
    I think I might have caught it in time but I’m not really sure how the plant should react? New growth looks nice and green but the old growth is still continuing to yellow?
    So I was wondering once a leaf stat turning yellow will I just keep going in that direction regardless of how much nitrogen it has?
    Now that I’m heading into 3rd week of flower I imagine the need for nitrogen will start to drop

Any help greatly appreciated guys!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Welshgrow For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-07-18), Ironman (30-07-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Yeah, already yellow leaves wont return to green, looks healthy though from that last pic so continue as you are

Also, I continue with a small dose of Growth nutes until last couple of weeks, they still need the Nitrogen

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-07-18), Ironman (30-07-18), Welshgrow (30-07-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    Yeah, already yellow leaves wont return to green, looks healthy though from that last pic so continue as you are

Also, I continue with a small dose of Growth nutes until last couple of weeks, they still need the Nitrogen
    Cheers fella!!
    I think canna Flores contains a small amount of nitrogen in it to keep going once in full flower?

So is there a point where a yellowing has no return? Like when a plant starts to lighten up you can sill catch it and get it back to a darker green, but at what point does a leaf just start yellowing and that’s it?

Sorry if that’s a stupid question I was just wondering what I could expect from some of he leaves that look like they stared yellowing but still have some green in them?

Cheers again!!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Welshgrow For This Useful Post:

AND (30-07-18), GEORGE (30-07-18), Ironman (30-07-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Welshgrow View Post
    Cheers fella!!
    I think canna Flores contains a small amount of nitrogen in it to keep going once in full flower?

So is there a point where a yellowing has no return? Like when a plant starts to lighten up you can sill catch it and get it back to a darker green, but at what point does a leaf just start yellowing and that’s it?

Sorry if that’s a stupid question I was just wondering what I could expect from some of he leaves that look like they stared yellowing but still have some green in them?

Cheers again!!

Hi mate, I use Canna Flores in plant magic soil. I will always use half strength grow nutes in every 3rd feed to top up the N. I'll stop doing that about half way through flowering or a bit more if I notice any more yellowing.

With the leaves, there is a point of no return for going back to a healthy green colour. Imo the leaves that still have green should recover, the leaves that have started to crisp up will definitely not recover.

Sent from ⚒Thames Iron Works⚒

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

AND (30-07-18), GEORGE (30-07-18)

Thanks

Have you sprayed them with Epsom salts and or calmag?

I'd say they need it asap, any longer and the flowers will be to far into flowering for folia feeding. I'd get on to that tonight if you haven't already mate.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

AND (30-07-18), GEORGE (30-07-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ironman View Post
    Have you sprayed them with Epsom salts and or calmag?

I'd say they need it asap, any longer and the flowers will be to far into flowering for folia feeding. I'd get on to that tonight if you haven't already mate.

I haven’t mate no, they look like they need it then do they?

I’ll get on the case tonight though, is it only possible to get cal mag via a foliage feed then or can it be put in the water aswell??

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Welshgrow For This Useful Post:

AND (30-07-18), GEORGE (30-07-18), Ironman (30-07-18)

Thanks

I haven’t mate no, they look like they need it then do they?

I’ll get on the case tonight though, is it only possible to get cal mag via a foliage feed then or can it be put in the water aswell??

I'm looking at the purple stems, that's an early warning signal sometimes for calmag issues. Sometimes it's genetic but it's better to prevent before rather than treat after.

It can be put into your medium but I never do that because I find it messes around with the micro elements in the soil. That causes PH problems because it's the micro herd cant buffer the PH to allow the uptake of cal and mag.

I use 1ml calmag and a teaspoon of Epsom salts in 1 ltr of water. Mix it up so the salt is dissolved and completely drench the plants both sides of the leaves.

I spray 1 hour before lights come on and then turn the lights off for an extra hour. That way they have 2 hours of the feed without the light burning anything. I also raise my lights to the top of the groom for a few hours after, just to make sure they are dry.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

AND (30-07-18), GEORGE (30-07-18), Welshgrow (30-07-18)

Thanks

I'm looking at the purple stems, that's an early warning signal sometimes for calmag issues. Sometimes it's genetic but it's better to prevent before rather than treat after.

It can be put into your medium but I never do that because I find it messes around with the micro elements in the soil. That causes PH problems because it's the micro herd cant buffer the PH to allow the uptake of cal and mag.

I use 1ml calmag and a teaspoon of Epsom salts in 1 ltr of water. Mix it up so the salt is dissolved and completely drench the plants both sides of the leaves.

I spray 1 hour before lights come on and then turn the lights off for an extra hour. That way they have 2 hours of the feed without the light burning anything. I also raise my lights to the top of the groom for a few hours after, just to make sure they are dry.

Cheers Irons!
    I ain’t gonna be able to do it tonight so I’ll have o do it tomorrow, do you think that’s okay? Or is it getting too late into flower? They’ll be 16days of 12/12 tomorrow

Thanks again

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Welshgrow For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Cheers Irons!
    I ain’t gonna be able to do it tonight so I’ll have o do it tomorrow, do you think that’s okay? Or is it getting too late into flower? They’ll be 16days of 12/12 tomorrow

Thanks again

Yeah that's fine mate. 4th week is a no no for me. As long as you keep the temps up and the lights high it evaporates pretty quick anyway.😉

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-07-18)

Thanks

Yeah that's fine mate. 4th week is a no no for me. As long as you keep the temps up and the lights high it evaporates pretty quick anyway.😉

Cheers fella your a life saver

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Welshgrow For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast