Thread: Possible nitrogen deficiency

Thanks

Default Possible nitrogen deficiency

Hi Thc!
    I think I might have a possible nitrogen def on my hands but I値l give you a bit of back info first so hopefully that値l make it a bit easier.

I知 growing in canna terra pro plus soil.
    Using canna terra nutes also using plant magic ignition.

These plants are about 11 weeks old roughly and thy were flipped to 12/12 2 weeks ago today.
    They only started having nutes in he last week of veg which consisted of just a little canna terra vega 1.5ml/L I think it was. They then started to lighten up during the first week of flip so I increased it slightly to 2.5ml/L for the second week of 12/12 which now leaves me here.
    I think I might have caught it in time but I知 not really sure how the plant should react? New growth looks nice and green but the old growth is still continuing to yellow?
    So I was wondering once a leaf stat turning yellow will I just keep going in that direction regardless of how much nitrogen it has?
    Now that I知 heading into 3rd week of flower I imagine the need for nitrogen will start to drop

Any help greatly appreciated guys!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Welshgrow For This Useful Post:

hotshot (30-07-18), Ironman (30-07-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,165 Times in 3,022 Posts

Yeah, already yellow leaves wont return to green, looks healthy though from that last pic so continue as you are

Also, I continue with a small dose of Growth nutes until last couple of weeks, they still need the Nitrogen

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

hotshot (30-07-18), Ironman (30-07-18), Welshgrow (30-07-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    Yeah, already yellow leaves wont return to green, looks healthy though from that last pic so continue as you are

Also, I continue with a small dose of Growth nutes until last couple of weeks, they still need the Nitrogen
    Cheers fella!!
    I think canna Flores contains a small amount of nitrogen in it to keep going once in full flower?

So is there a point where a yellowing has no return? Like when a plant starts to lighten up you can sill catch it and get it back to a darker green, but at what point does a leaf just start yellowing and that痴 it?

Sorry if that痴 a stupid question I was just wondering what I could expect from some of he leaves that look like they stared yellowing but still have some green in them?

Cheers again!!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Welshgrow For This Useful Post:

AND (30-07-18), hotshot (30-07-18), Ironman (30-07-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 31,134 Times in 8,307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Welshgrow View Post
    Cheers fella!!
    I think canna Flores contains a small amount of nitrogen in it to keep going once in full flower?

So is there a point where a yellowing has no return? Like when a plant starts to lighten up you can sill catch it and get it back to a darker green, but at what point does a leaf just start yellowing and that痴 it?

Sorry if that痴 a stupid question I was just wondering what I could expect from some of he leaves that look like they stared yellowing but still have some green in them?

Cheers again!!

Hi mate, I use Canna Flores in plant magic soil. I will always use half strength grow nutes in every 3rd feed to top up the N. I'll stop doing that about half way through flowering or a bit more if I notice any more yellowing.

With the leaves, there is a point of no return for going back to a healthy green colour. Imo the leaves that still have green should recover, the leaves that have started to crisp up will definitely not recover.

Sent from ⚒Thames Iron Works⚒

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

AND (30-07-18), hotshot (30-07-18)

Thanks

Have you sprayed them with Epsom salts and or calmag?

I'd say they need it asap, any longer and the flowers will be to far into flowering for folia feeding. I'd get on to that tonight if you haven't already mate.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

AND (30-07-18), hotshot (30-07-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ironman View Post
    Have you sprayed them with Epsom salts and or calmag?

I'd say they need it asap, any longer and the flowers will be to far into flowering for folia feeding. I'd get on to that tonight if you haven't already mate.

I haven稚 mate no, they look like they need it then do they?

I値l get on the case tonight though, is it only possible to get cal mag via a foliage feed then or can it be put in the water aswell??

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Welshgrow For This Useful Post:

AND (30-07-18), hotshot (30-07-18), Ironman (30-07-18)

Thanks

I haven稚 mate no, they look like they need it then do they?

I値l get on the case tonight though, is it only possible to get cal mag via a foliage feed then or can it be put in the water aswell??

I'm looking at the purple stems, that's an early warning signal sometimes for calmag issues. Sometimes it's genetic but it's better to prevent before rather than treat after.

It can be put into your medium but I never do that because I find it messes around with the micro elements in the soil. That causes PH problems because it's the micro herd cant buffer the PH to allow the uptake of cal and mag.

I use 1ml calmag and a teaspoon of Epsom salts in 1 ltr of water. Mix it up so the salt is dissolved and completely drench the plants both sides of the leaves.

I spray 1 hour before lights come on and then turn the lights off for an extra hour. That way they have 2 hours of the feed without the light burning anything. I also raise my lights to the top of the groom for a few hours after, just to make sure they are dry.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

AND (30-07-18), hotshot (30-07-18), Welshgrow (30-07-18)

Thanks

I'm looking at the purple stems, that's an early warning signal sometimes for calmag issues. Sometimes it's genetic but it's better to prevent before rather than treat after.

It can be put into your medium but I never do that because I find it messes around with the micro elements in the soil. That causes PH problems because it's the micro herd cant buffer the PH to allow the uptake of cal and mag.

I use 1ml calmag and a teaspoon of Epsom salts in 1 ltr of water. Mix it up so the salt is dissolved and completely drench the plants both sides of the leaves.

I spray 1 hour before lights come on and then turn the lights off for an extra hour. That way they have 2 hours of the feed without the light burning anything. I also raise my lights to the top of the groom for a few hours after, just to make sure they are dry.

Cheers Irons!
    I ain稚 gonna be able to do it tonight so I値l have o do it tomorrow, do you think that痴 okay? Or is it getting too late into flower? They値l be 16days of 12/12 tomorrow

Thanks again

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Welshgrow For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Cheers Irons!
    I ain稚 gonna be able to do it tonight so I値l have o do it tomorrow, do you think that痴 okay? Or is it getting too late into flower? They値l be 16days of 12/12 tomorrow

Thanks again

Yeah that's fine mate. 4th week is a no no for me. As long as you keep the temps up and the lights high it evaporates pretty quick anyway.😉

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

hotshot (30-07-18)

Thanks

Yeah that's fine mate. 4th week is a no no for me. As long as you keep the temps up and the lights high it evaporates pretty quick anyway.😉

Cheers fella your a life saver

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Welshgrow For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default Possible nitrogen deficiency

I'm starting to worry a bit now it seem like this problem isn getting better? I just went into the groom now but my battery died before I could take pics..
    I don't know if it's just me but it seems like it might be spreading a bit
    I've also noticed that all my stems are now purple after you mentioned it. So I'm starting to get parra that this isn't a nitro def?
    Could it possibly be that I'm still not using enough grow? I'm still only using half strength from the bottle stated dosage

Thanks again

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Welshgrow; 30-07-18 at 08:49 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Welshgrow For This Useful Post:

hotshot (30-07-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,752 Times in 981 Posts

I'm starting to worry a bit now it seem like this problem isn getting better? I just went into the groom now but my battery died before I could take pics..
    I don't know if it's just me but it seems like it might be spreading a bit
    I've also noticed that all my stems are now purple after you mentioned it. So I'm starting to get parra that this isn't a nitro def?
    Could it possibly be that I'm still not using enough grow? I'm still only using half strength from the bottle stated dosage

Thanks again

Have a look at my latest post there. Might be helpful
    Current grow: Cindy jocks & Royal Dwaft

http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ery-Auto-Diary

24. The Following User Says Thank You to UpT0wnSkunk For This Useful Post:

hotshot (30-07-18)

Thanks

My stems are slightly purple and my leaves are starting to rust so I知 almost certain I致e got s cal deficiency just brought some Sensi cal extra coming tomorrow so I知 gonna add it to my water 😁 but this is what I知 dealing with

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Grow420- For This Useful Post:

hotshot (30-07-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 24,262 Times in 7,365 Posts

Let痴 see so,e lights off pics mate, looking at where the dodgy leaves are, I wouldn稚 think it was cal, lights off will tell a better story

Sent from: Me, to space, and then to you

添ou're not to blame, you're just a human, a victim of the insane.
    John Lennon

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

hotshot (30-07-18), MrEnigma (30-07-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UpT0wnSkunk View Post
    Have a look at my latest post there. Might be helpful
    Cheers fella!
    Looks like I got a similar problem as you so I'll up my grow as well I think. Don't want to end up over feeding and locking the girl out though.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Welshgrow For This Useful Post:

hotshot (30-07-18)

Thanks

Little bump of this thread guys!
    So this morning I gave the girls
    2.5ml grow
    1.5ml bloom
    1ml plant magic ignition
    That was at 5:30 this morning, just went in to check on them now and it doesn稚 seem they致e gotten any better, I think the yellowing has slowed down a bit from the other day but it still seems that it痴 happening.

Don稚 know if it痴 just leaves which were already going yellow just carrying on or if there痴 more green ones going yellow?

I don稚 know whether to just give it a couple of days and hen give them a bigger shot of grow but I知 approaching 18 days of flower now. I still also need to give them some cal mag as iron man said but it doesn稚 arrive until tomorrow.

As the bottoms photo show new growth is very green and there doesn稚 appear to be any nute burn either. So I don稚 know if they could handle more nutes but I don稚 want to cause a lockout from over feeding

Cheers guys!!

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Welshgrow For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (31-07-18), hotshot (31-07-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,278 Times in 2,373 Posts

Soil takes longer for adjustments to show. Coco you can tell quicker than soil.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Ben.g For This Useful Post:

hotshot (01-08-18)