Thread: 8 wks into flower - is this heat stress

Thanks

Default 8 wks into flower - is this heat stress

Hi All

I'm 8 weeks into flowering Armageddon and I think my plant is showing signs of heat stress. Some of the leaves have gone brown and droppy. Does pic1b look like heat stress? (we've been having a heatwave in the UK and my grow room has gone > 30 a few times).

Also, pic2b shows the pistils - hardly any have gone orange - is this normal after 8 weeks?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic1b.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	363656Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic2b.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	363657

Any help really appreciated. I'd hate to lose my plants after this long!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to desison For This Useful Post:

AND (30-07-18), GEORGE (30-07-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

I would say yes on heat stress, lower down leaves have 'canoed' thats a classic sign

And yes on q.2 white pistils continue to grow until the plant is ready to stop. Take no notice of suggested times, guidelines only, nature has its own ideas

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

desison (30-07-18), GEORGE (30-07-18)

Thanks

Is it just the fan leaves going yellow ? It could be just towards the end of flowering. So the big fan leaves yellow up and fall off ,

Ive not grown that strain so not sure of genetics or flowering time but it looks like there is quite a bit of heat stress so .......

Also buy a loupe to check trichomes rather than checking hairs as the hairs are very unreliable

If you are sure its not just at the end of flowering and sure its an issue you should give some extra info like :

medium your growing in
    PH of water in / out
    What feed and water schedule your on

Or any other relevant information to help , Outside that no one can really help outside random guesses
    Last edited by MrEnigma; 30-07-18 at 10:27 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrEnigma For This Useful Post:

desison (30-07-18), GEORGE (30-07-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrEigma View Post
    Is it just the fan leaves going yellow ? It could be just towards the end of flowering. So the big fan leaves yellow up and fall off ,

Ive not grown that strain so not sure of genetics or flowering time but it looks like there is quite a bit of heat stress so .......

Also buy a loupe to check trichomes rather than checking hairs as the hairs are very unreliable

If you are sure its not just at the end of flowering and sure its an issue you should give some extra info like :
    I wasn't *sure* but as I had no orange pistils, I was guessing they aren't near the end yet - I might have to get a loupe

medium your growing in --> Black magic
    PH of water in / out --> Not sure ATM (might get it tomorrow)
    What feed and water schedule your on --> I'm not feeding them ATM - I was hoping to be harvesting by now so I was trying to flush. I'm watering every 3 days. The soil feels dry (again might be the heatwave), but I was worried about over watering as well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to desison For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-07-18)

Thanks

Well it sounds to me like your plant is mega hungry , during flowering she will use LOTS of different nutrients at different stages . SO i would guess the yellowing is more to do with the plant taking nutrients it can no longer get through its roots and soil from its bigger leaves ,

Im guessing that with the amount of white hairs you have you still have several weeks before they turn so that leaves you in a bit of a dilemma on weather to feed or not ,

Personally i would be feeding them something to help them get through the next 2 weeks as thats when they pack on all there size and im pretty convinced your soil is spent !!
    Last edited by MrEnigma; 31-07-18 at 12:25 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MrEnigma For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-07-18)