Thread: Help with 7 day seedling

Thanks
    Thanked 1,784 Times in 583 Posts

Default Help with 7 day seedling

Hi Guys,

I am new to this and this is my first go at growing. I have a single plant in a pc box with a 60w led full spectrum grow bulb. This is day 7 after planting seed in cocoa pellet. I kept the pellet in a warm dark room for 2 days and then planted the pellet in biobizz light and put under lights. After 6 hours of being under the light it sprouted. Yesterday I.watered with 300ml of water (tap.water left to stand for 24 hours) around the outside.of the pot (2 litre Ice cream tub) and today the leaves look curled/drooping and I am worried Ive over watered. Im not using any nutes and the temp is 22 to 24 degrees and 55% humidity with lights on and 70% with lights off, the light cycle is 20/4. Please could you experienced guys take a look at the picture and let me know what you think.

Huge thanks in advance

20180801_073603.jpg

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NewbGaz For This Useful Post:

hotshot (01-08-18)

Thanks

The tips are not dark like it looks in the picture I think thats just a shadow btw

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NewbGaz For This Useful Post:

hotshot (01-08-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,808 Times in 749 Posts

Looking good mate
    For a few weeks they will have that "just rolled in from the pub" look each time you water, just lift up pot (or cup) to gauge the weight after watering then leave alone a few days until light again
    You can fill up to the first set of leaves with more dirt to support it and a slight breeze with strengthen the stem
    Don't worry so much about a bit of discolouring early on its just that your dirt will have a couple weeks worth of feed in and plant will adjust to it
    Atb
    Last edited by Innerself; 01-08-18 at 07:00 AM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Innerself For This Useful Post:

ggotch (01-08-18), hotshot (01-08-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Innerself View Post
    Looking good mate
    For a few weeks they will have that "just rolled in from the pub" look each time you water, just lift up pot (or cup) to gauge the weight after watering then leave alone a few days until light again
    You can fill up to the first set of leaves with more dirt to support it and a slight breeze with strengthen the stem
    Don't worry so much about a bit of discolouring early on its just that your dirt will have a couple weeks worth of feed in and plant will adjust to it
    Atb
    Thanks for the reply man and phew I feel alot better now !. I have literally read and watched hours of stuff and was sure I had enough knowledge but experience is worth a thousand blogs and videos !!. I have a fan with a active carbon filter at the top of the box and a passive intake at the bottom so Im hoping its getting a bit of breeze. I will add some more dirt later tonight when I check in on her. Id planned to leave it for 2 - 3 days and check that the soil.is dry at least up to my first knuckle before watering again. Really really appreciate your help mate!!!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NewbGaz For This Useful Post:

ggotch (01-08-18), hotshot (01-08-18), Innerself (01-08-18), Macky (01-08-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,744 Times in 5,487 Posts

Coming on lovely mate, just keep reading and stay one step ahead of the plant. I’m sure you’ll be fine, but if you have any questions or concerns, you will find all the info you need here. Welcome to the talk

Sent from: Me, to space, and then to you
    My Diaries

Mackys Field of Blue Dreams

White Widow Jack Herrer California Orange

“Reality exists in the human mind, and nowhere else.”
    "Eric Arthur Blair, 1984"

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

hotshot (01-08-18), Innerself (01-08-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Coming on lovely mate, just keep reading and stay one step ahead of the plant. I’m sure you’ll be fine, but if you have any questions or concerns, you will find all the info you need here. Welcome to the talk

Sent from: Me, to space, and then to you
    Thanks man, feeling tons better!!! Ive read loads of the forum already and its really helpful. But alot of you guys say that you cant diagnose problems about your own plant from other threads accurately as every set up ect is different so I thought id join up amd join in and get a little advice. Thanks very much for the welcome and the re assurance. I am deffo trying to stay ahead lol I have already ordered a mini dehumidifier for flowering as 55 - 70 is no good at that stage.
    Last edited by NewbGaz; 01-08-18 at 07:32 AM.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewbGaz For This Useful Post:

hotshot (01-08-18), Innerself (01-08-18), Macky (01-08-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Innerself View Post
    Looking good mate
    Atb
    Just checked on her and she's looking better, some more growth of the true leaves and shes stretched up a bit so Ive filled up a bit with soil to support the stem.

Thanks guys

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewbGaz For This Useful Post:

hotshot (01-08-18), Innerself (01-08-18)