Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How to make a purple strain go purple indoors

Thanks

Default How to make a purple strain go purple indoors

so my question is i got a ceres purple 1 week into flower any tips on bringing the colour out and when to start?

I really want purple bud
    My mostly D.N.A grow with a few others
    12/12
    400w hps
    1.2x1.2x2m tent
    5" rvk with odorsok

Thanks

if its a purple strain it should go purple anyway, but to bring more purple out you need to get your grow area cold at night

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to someone For This Useful Post:

Jingo (14-06-16), temynova (17-07-16)

Thanks

yes bring the temps down i had a night time temp problem and the main stems had purple stripes running down them and the laeves were a deep green with purple veins the bud came out with a good prpling to .

Thanks

thanks, i have been readng about putting ice on the soil to water, will this stunt growth?

Monty Bong Guest

yes it will, If you lower the temps it will compromise your yeild.

Thanks

i was reading another forum and a good way to bring temp down is to freeze some bottels of water and put them by the fan
    Just Let Me Know If I'm Crazy.

This My Grow:
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1070118813

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IBHi For This Useful Post:

Deviousbeej (28-05-13), ReeferDankness (14-06-16)

Thanks

never mind this fu**ing forum is 2 years old haha

10. The Following User Says Thank You to IBHi For This Useful Post:

Skunky n funky (04-08-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,915 Times

Still interesting though

How to get your weed / marijuana / cannabis to turn purple in flowering
    Category: Growing Tags: flowering, growing, indoor, purple Posted on: December 26th, 2010
    Not all weed strains turn purple. And those that do aren’t necessarily more tasty or potent than their green counterparts. In fact most purple tasting strains (Purple Kush, Grapegod, Purple Urkle, Grand Daddy Purp etc) tend not to turn purple during regular growth.

In order to get a strain to color on you, you must lower the temperatures in the grow area. Temperature drops stress the plant into changing its hue. (Most of the time the coloration is to protect itself when grown outdoors. When the temperature drops, the plant enters a sleep state, halting vertical growth and limiting uptake of water. It builds a protective, sometimes resinous layer.) Marijuana hue changes in cold weather to the following colors: pink, black, bluish green, red, and purple. It is not uncommon to see outdoor and greenhouse weed with dark purple or even black hues because of the extreme weather changes.

Indoors people implement air conditioning to change a plants color to purple, thus dropping temperatures to between 50-60 degrees Fahrenheit during dark period can help induce the color change when implemented during Flowering (especially late flowering)

The best way to get flowering weed to turn purple without air conditioning is by using ice cubes or snow to water your late flowering plants instead of water. The cold water shocks the plants and lowers the temperature making the plants believe they are getting cold rain. This cold rain stresses the plant in the sleep state I mentioned before where resin and color changes are brought about. The plant should always regain its vigor during light cycle once the water is starting to evaporate especially as the plant drinks more water during late flower. The last 2-3 waterings should be ice cubes let melt ontop of the soil or snow equal to the amount of gallons of water the plant would be fed regularly.
    If you grow/use medical marijuana you are a criminal , to be classed as a patient you need to buy drugs from the goverment. Cannamancan.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cannamancan For This Useful Post:

Deviousbeej (28-05-13)

Thanks

Ya Ive herd that the purple strains arent the most potent
    and so do all plants will change hue when stressed with the cold

Hillbilly Guest

Ya Ive herd that the purple strains arent the most potent
    and so do all plants will change hue when stressed with the cold
    I wouldn't say Purp's are the most potent, there's some better then others. I think with a little breeding and time they will be very good in do time..

No not all Cannabis will change color when flowering..

Purple OG Kush and other purples are autozomul sp? how ever you spell it.. lol That will turn purple with out cold temps but colder temps will bring out even more color.

Most people like the Purps for there taste, I like the POGK for it smell as well.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast