Thread: Not sure what this is, don't want to nute burn trying to guess a defficiency

Thanks

Default Not sure what this is, don't want to nute burn trying to guess a defficiency

So I have 3 girls going on week 4 or 5 now and everything has been going smooth until recently. The three strains I have are Blueberry, White Widow and Mataro Blue, all of which have been getting the same nutrients (Remo) following their schedule. The white widow looked to get some nute burn recently and had some white salt collecting on the surface, I guess it can't handle the nutrients the others can. I gave it half the nutrients on the last feeding, and it didn't seem to help so I gave her a good flush last night which looks like it may have helped. However now this Mataro Blue is getting these black spots on a few leaves, what does this look like?

Here are two screens of the Mataro Blue with the dark spots you will see on a few leaves

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1(2)2.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	363837

Name:	image2(1)2.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	363836

This is the White Widow that I think had nute burn, this is now 16 hours after a flush with pure 5.9ph water only

Name:	image32.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	363835

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Titsona Bullmoose For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (05-08-18), GEORGE (05-08-18)

Thanks

Forgot to add

Medium: 80% Coco 20% Perlite
    Nutrients: Remo 4 for vegetation following their 5/6/7/8 for weeks 1/2/3/4 schedule. This is week 5 now.
    Light: ViparSpectre 900w LED being 18-30 inches away

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Titsona Bullmoose For This Useful Post:

Thanks

What is the ph of the feed in ? and whats the ph of the run off ?? Are you feeding to 20% runoff , Are you feeding any calmag? as its important in coco

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrEnigma For This Useful Post:

Thanks

pH going in is 5.8-6.0 and run off that I just checked that has been sitting for 24 hours is 6.6, and no they are not sitting in the run off.

They are getting MagNifiCal 3-0-0, VeloKelp 1-1-1, Micro 3-0-1 and Grow 2-3-5 based on remo nutrients schedule.

The ppm works out to be between 850-1000 in week 4 and 5

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Titsona Bullmoose For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 28,825 Times

They look very green and there is clawing on some of the leaves that I think suggests you may be overfeeding. No expert though, someone more experienced will confirm (or call me an idiot) 😀

Also, don't follow manufacturer's feeding schedules religiously, rather use it as a guide. Every time I've followed a schedule, I've overfed. Rather watch the plants. An underfed plant is easier to work with than an overfed one.
    Last edited by WhIpLaSh; 05-08-18 at 08:37 AM.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (05-08-18), Gaz (06-08-18), GEORGE (05-08-18), UpT0wn (05-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,097 Times

As noob said. Don't feed every time.

Your plants are only 4-5 weeks old.

(as long as it isn't a seed mix/light mix) Soil should have enough nutrients for a month. Maybe into week 5 you could give a dose of half strength nutrients and then wait and see how that goes.

My plant is 71 days old and only had nutes 3 times.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ben.g For This Useful Post:

Gaz (06-08-18), GEORGE (05-08-18), WhIpLaSh (05-08-18)

Macky Guest

Growing different strain is always tough, and adding white widow to the mix makes it harder as she eats less than most strains. You’re gonna have to reduce how much you feed her, and the rest of the plants. They look a touch over fed. Just give water for the next few feeds. Let them eat what they’re holding. Then add some feed when they pale up a bit

Read the plant, not the instructions on the bottle.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-08-18), WF420 (05-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,402 Times

Quote Originally Posted by n00b_gr0wer View Post
    They look very green and there is clawing on some of the leaves that I think suggests you may be overfeeding. No expert though, someone more experienced will confirm (or call me an idiot) 😀

Also, don't follow manufacturer's feeding schedules religiously, rather use it as a guide. Every time I've followed a schedule, I've overfed. Rather watch the plants. An underfed plant is easier to work with than an overfed one.
    Exactly that mate, dark green and clawing are signs of overfeeding 👍
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben.g View Post
    As noob said. Don't feed every time.

Your plants are only 4-5 weeks old.

(as long as it isn't a seed mix/light mix) Soil should have enough nutrients for a month. Maybe into week 5 you could give a dose of half strength nutrients and then wait and see how that goes.

My plant is 71 days old and only had nutes 3 times.
    Hes growing in coco mate so a completely different ball game, youre spot on for soil but coco is inert and holds no nutes so we need nutes every feed and feeding every day

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (05-08-18), Gaz (06-08-18), GEORGE (05-08-18), WhIpLaSh (05-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,097 Times

Quote Originally Posted by WF420 View Post
    Exactly that mate, dark green and clawing are signs of overfeeding �� Hes growing in coco mate so a completely different ball game, youre spot on for soil but coco is inert and holds no nutes so we need nutes every feed and feeding every day

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Bollocks, your right there.

Sorry I read that as 80pct soil.

Cheers WF420!

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ben.g For This Useful Post:

Gaz (06-08-18), GEORGE (05-08-18), WF420 (05-08-18), WhIpLaSh (05-08-18)