Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: When will they start flowering?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    They won't start to flower until after the Autumn Equinox when the day and night hours equal each other.

Some people cover their plants with black tarpaulin or bin bags to artificially create a longer dark period, but that depends on the size of your plant and other factors.

Or you can quickly start an Auto plant now and it could be ready for harvest before November.

Again, sorry but you are wrong. Some tropical long running sativas might react like this, but certainly not all strains...i had a photoperiod plant that triggered into flower at almost 16 hours of daylight and finished last week.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 912greenskell For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-09-18), Valentina (02-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,868 Times

Quote Originally Posted by 912greenskell View Post
    Sorry man, but you are wrong...if plants didnt start flowering until 12 hours of daylight, then i wouldnt be able to grow outdoors at all. Its all about strain selection and flower trigger. The strains i choose are all well flowering by the time i hit 14.5 hours of daylight
    Sorry 912greenskell but yual are right I aint customed to growin outsides normaly cause when I trys before it was always hard go cause all the things I cant control and I just recently tryin it again and found that even though I aint to 12 hours darkness yet my outside girls are startin to form bud sites. My appologies fur misleadin folks I should of thought that threw better befur opennin me mouth

BWD

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BackWoodsDrifter For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Talking

Again, sorry but you are wrong. Some tropical long running sativas might react like this, but certainly not all strains...i had a photoperiod plant that triggered into flower at almost 16 hours of daylight and finished last week.

Like you said it depends on the strain. Some start early than others. Where I am from, if you plant, in the spring, they will start flower either June 20, July 20, or August 20. I have had them all flower at these times of the year. usually around when the clock gets down to 14.5 hours of light or less for my part of the country. 16 hour, sounds like it might have some Rudells in her. Just saying. JMO

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    Like you said it depends on the strain. Some start early than others. Where I am from, if you plant, in the spring, they will start flower either June 20, July 20, or August 20. I have had them all flower at these times of the year. usually around when the clock gets down to 14.5 hours of light or less for my part of the country. 16 hour, sounds like it might have some Rudells in her. Just saying. JMO

You are 110% correct all around bud, right down to the ruderalis(sweet seeds green poison fast f1). I have had a few straight photos(not ruderalis crossed plants) begin to flower over 15 hours of daylight though. This year the DP blueberry started flowering at 15.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 912greenskell For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-05-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BackWoodsDrifter View Post
    Sorry 912greenskell but yual are right I aint customed to growin outsides normaly cause when I trys before it was always hard go cause all the things I cant control and I just recently tryin it again and found that even though I aint to 12 hours darkness yet my outside girls are startin to form bud sites. My appologies fur misleadin folks I should of thought that threw better befur opennin me mouth

BWD

Its all good man!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 912greenskell For This Useful Post:

BackWoodsDrifter (12-09-18), GEORGE (24-05-19)

Thanks

Default popcorn

I've grown nice popcorn flowers in as little as 6 hrs of direct sunlight a day, (outside)! During winter! As long as a plant gets a minimum of 6 hrs, and stays above freezing or frost, it will grow and flower. Wonderful smoke too, Winter smoke is different from Summer smoke! Sweeter to me! Kind of reminds me of the old weed, I used to grow under florescent lighting. Here's an example of winter flowers. This Male is doing well in the winter sun now! He's fixing to bust wide open and I don't care, its Winter!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2585.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	369106  
    Last edited by creeperpark; 10-01-19 at 11:46 AM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to creeperpark For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-05-19), WhIpLaSh (10-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,165 Times

Back in the early 80s we were growing a thirteenth generation Afgani strain in Vermont USA at about 44 degrees lattitude and 1200 ft above see level. It started to flower in mid August and could handle a couple of light frosts. Wish we still had that one.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Old Skool Dude For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times

Hey dude, cheers for that, sorry have only just seen your reply. Hope you're well wherever you are.

Yes, I have looked into this some more and have found that to be "a bit" strain dependent. With the poly-hybrids on the market, sadly it's almost a matter of luck which strain is day-duration dependent, and which rely on 12/12.
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (02-06-19)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2