Thread: More intro, LED talk

Thanks

Default More intro, LED talk

I am still in need of a double digit post count, so more intro needed.
    As I said previously, my boys have made their own LED rig for under £100. Apart from costing less than a 1/3 of what these things are being retailed at, its also a convenient oblong/wardrobe shape.
    Do we have any other electro-engineers who have built their own and have opinions on spectra. This is what our dev team are usiKng, well its the only spectra info the manufacturer gave Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spectrum.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	14.2 KB 
ID:	363931
    He has cobbled together a frame using plywood. We wont have evidence that the spectrum has hit the sweet spot for a few months still, a proper grow isnt going to start for another 3 weeks at least. They are growing in a wardrobe and have the temperature down to 27C. The plan is to scrog bruce banner #3 on an NFT bath. They are second year undergraduate students, and of course have a network the length and breadth of the UK educational system. If we can get a formula working for them we can have magic wardrobes a plenty, and make serious inroads into their burgeoning student debt.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr_Stretch For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-08-18), Valentina (10-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-08-18), Mr_Stretch (07-08-18)

Thanks

another interesting discussion is about vacuum distillation. You need to bring the boiling point of THC right down in order to distill it away from the chlorophyll. So the dev team, who knows quite a lot about chemistry, is looking to build a still in a vacuum.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr_Stretch For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Welcome along

What LEDs are you using with your lights?

🔆🔆https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1070817743

Gardro's coco grow mentored by joker the smoker

8. The Following User Says Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-08-18)

Thanks

I also have a theory that all the good stuff, all the sativa on god's earth, originates in the Kerelan Ghats in southern India. It was called neela charya, blue gold was a term I heard also, and alas it has now vanished, the pot there now is appalling but 30 years ago it was truly mind blowing. I claim to have never smoked anything as good, and that includes super fancy designer weed from the emerald triangle. They must have been growing it for decades, it was a highly professional product. He opened this huge bail of sticky buds and stuck a bulging handful in a bag. He also sold me a condom full of oil, which turned out to be gunk, but the whole deal was about 20 dollars. It remains the best deal I have ever had. My stash lasted me 2 months and every time I rolled a monster I passed out. My theory is that classic sativa breeds like Durban Poison in south Africa and Kingsbread etc in Jamaica, were taken there by Indians from Malabar, of which both places have substantial communities . From there they made it to the American mainland. I am quite certain these plants were a key breeding component in the early 80s.
    I keep meaning to get back to Iddiki to find out what happened. With it becoming an international market for oil I think things got unacceptably violent, and also there is an eco torursm business developing in the hills there, and so it all got shut down. It's such a shame, you could get near lethal ganja bedies, those little green ciggies. I had to lean against the little hutch where they were making them I was so utterly spaced, while the two lads in the hutch wet themselves laughing at me.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr_Stretch For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-08-18)

Thanks

nice diary. I never used to clean the bottom of the plant of worthless bum fluff buds and fan leaves, I see you all do this now.
    just asking boffin boy exactly what LEDs he is using.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr_Stretch For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,097 Times

Good luck with your grow!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ben.g For This Useful Post:

gardro (07-08-18), GEORGE (07-08-18)

Thanks

i cant post links, but search for this and you will surely get a bang good link
    50W-LED-Full-Spectrum-Plant-Grow-Light-300-840nm-DIY-Chip-AC220V

thats the LED he used, 5 of them, he reckons they are pulling 50W each

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr_Stretch For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Stretch View Post
    i cant post links, but search for this and you will surely get a bang good link
    50W-LED-Full-Spectrum-Plant-Grow-Light-300-840nm-DIY-Chip-AC220V

thats the LED he used, 5 of them, he reckons they are pulling 50W each
    Be very careful with those cobs. I hope they are in a good enclosure

They work by direct connection to mains

Could be lethal quite easily

They pull 25w at best. AC is only positive half the time

I'd put them in the bin. Lethal.

🔆🔆https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1070817743

Gardro's coco grow mentored by joker the smoker

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Gaz (07-08-18), GEORGE (07-08-18), Valentina (10-08-18)