Thread: Fabric Pots for the win. But, which brand?

Thanks

Default Fabric Pots for the win. But, which brand?

So hypothetically speaking, if grown in coco coir, or even 50/50 coco/perlite, it acts the same as rockwool. Meaning you can grow a complete tree out of a 1 gallon fabric pot. I've seen the proof. They just like to tip over easy.

The real question however is, which brand? So many to choose from. How do they differ from one another? Is the thicker 300g fabric really needed?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thor For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-08-18), MonsterEnergy (08-08-18)

Viz Guest

I assume you have had a look at Super-root Air Pots?

Deffo worth a look.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

Farmshop (08-08-18), GEORGE (08-08-18), joker_the_smoker (09-08-18), MonsterEnergy (08-08-18), WF420 (09-08-18)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,392 Times

better fabric 'last longer' same goes for fabric pots with durable handles
    i use rootNurse, they have them in every size from 1lt upto 100lt pots, not that expensive and come in packs of 4's

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,526 Times

Airpots over fabrics everyday day of the week.
    Used both, and I wouldn't ever go back to fabric. Hold on to too much salt, pain in arse to water aswell.
    "To live is to risk it all. Otherwise you're just an inert chunk of randomly assembled molecules drifting wherever the universe blows you."

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Farmshop For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-08-18), MonsterEnergy (08-08-18), UpT0wn (08-08-18)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,392 Times

i like to use fabric at the start too establish good root development then back into square pots,
    both fabric/smart are a pain to water

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

Farmshop (08-08-18), GEORGE (08-08-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post
    i like to use fabric at the start too establish good root development then back into square pots,
    both fabric/smart are a pain to water
    I tried doing the same with the potting up. Started in 1l and tried moving up but the roots were stuck to the pots like Velcro. Had to cut the roots from it.
    Air pots couldn't be simpler, undo both screws, fold back plastic and booshka. No stress or damage.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Farmshop For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-08-18)

Viz Guest

Airpots when correctly packed with soil or coco are a dream to work with. Folks always ask me don't they leak and the short answer is not at all.

My only gripe with fabric pots is the drainage from the bottom. I use the teabag as an example. Leave used teabag in a saucer and go to work and then see what it is like when you come home from work. Dried out and crisp on top but soggy at the bottom. Nett result is you have to elevate the bottom of the fabric pots to ensure complete drainage. Airpots just do it for me.

Seem expensive when you first look to buy, but keep looking I picked up a good deal on fleabay and ended up paying £4.03 including delivery each for 10l pots.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

British green (09-08-18), GEORGE (09-08-18), WF420 (09-08-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    Airpots when correctly packed with soil or coco are a dream to work with. Folks always ask me don't they leak and the short answer is not at all.

My only gripe with fabric pots is the drainage from the bottom. I use the teabag as an example. Leave used teabag in a saucer and go to work and then see what it is like when you come home from work. Dried out and crisp on top but soggy at the bottom. Nett result is you have to elevate the bottom of the fabric pots to ensure complete drainage. Airpots just do it for me.

Seem expensive when you first look to buy, but keep looking I picked up a good deal on fleabay and ended up paying £4.03 including delivery each for 10l pots.
    I found that viz with the fabrics, so I bunged a 2/3" layer of pebbles in the bottom. But saying that, I still put a layer of pebbles in the airpots aswell

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Farmshop For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-08-18)

Macky Guest

I always get some white shit develop on fabric pots later into the grow. It’s either salts build up, or some kind of mildew from the light not getting to the damp pots or something. I veg in fabric, but always flower in plastic, I just don’t take the risk of it being mold. Lol

Air pots are the shit, and if you’re growing in coco, they’re the pots you want.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    So hypothetically speaking, if grown in coco coir, or even 50/50 coco/perlite, it acts the same as rockwool. Meaning you can grow a complete tree out of a 1 gallon fabric pot. I've seen the proof. They just like to tip over easy.

The real question however is, which brand? So many to choose from. How do they differ from one another? Is the thicker 300g fabric really needed?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    I bought 4 name brand once, paid about 7 bucks a piece, then found a pack of none brand of 10 for about a couple of bucks each. Can't really tell much difference, except that the cheaper one's actually have handles on them, and the name brands didn't. these were 15.2L. lol