Thread: Thoughts about O2Grow

Thanks

Default Thoughts about O2Grow

Well, I like to experiment but first I try and research stuff a bit first, I stumbled on a company called O2Grow and I thought 'Snake Oil', after reading up a bit and visiting their site I was kinda impressed, but as usual the 'inventor' in me took over.
    They actually put their Patent numbers on their site, so I had a peek.
    Well, the upshot is their unit is really simple BUT that isn't reflected in the price and ebay is even more expensive, go figure on that.
    Anyway I digress, they use Electrolysis to 'Split' water into Oxygen and Hydrogen, they have some good vids on there as well.
    So no Pump, No Airstone and a silent 'Stealthy unit that you only run for three hours a day to 'Saturate' your Nutes with about 50% MORE Oxygen than an Airstone, that's their claim BTW.
    The unit is incredibly simple in construction and Voltages, Current consumption and the Critical emitter spacing are all in there!
    I have most of the stuff except the stainless steel mesh for the emitter, it looks a great project for me, but what do you guys think?
    Watch their videos and either buy or build one, I think it's really worth a punt. Techead

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Techead For This Useful Post:

AND (10-08-18), GEORGE (09-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times

Electrolysis will split the water molecules and yield Hydrogen and Oxygen.

Just FYI both gases are extremely flammable.

Also the amount of the gases given off from electrolysis will depend on how much power is put into the process.

Then there is the issue of extraction that pulls air as well as any pricey enrichment OUT of the tent. So unless you are using a closed loop system, just IMHO you'd be pumping out of your tent very expensive air.
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

AND (10-08-18), GEORGE (10-08-18)

Thanks

Default Moot Point?

Oxygen isn't Flammable on it's own, it's classified as an Accelerator.
    I always charge Batteries in a ventilated area as they give off the same.
    Hydrogen IS Flammable albeit in the presence of an Accelerator.
    The original 'Claims' of O2's method states the Oxygen being produced has bubbles that cannot break the surface tension of the water as they are tiny.
    But the Hydrogen bubbles are larger and just float away, they claim this isn't a problem and is not dangerous, jury's out on that but with large volumes it sure as hell is!
    They use 12v at 1amp, which I don't get, I think the amperage is way too low?
    Techead

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Techead For This Useful Post:

AND (10-08-18), GEORGE (10-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,700 Times

its the bubbles breaking the surface tension which creates dissolved oxygem.
    they are snake oil,expensive snake oil at that.
    if they were some remarkably effective super oxygenator, everyone would be using them.----they arent

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-08-18)

Thanks

Further to my earlier post, I located a Lab quality PSU at a car boot sale, it's 0 to 60v and 1 amp max, I paid £8 for it, so a bargain as it's worth about £70, I fudged a small emitter with some stainless washers and 'O' rings over a stainless bolt, I used seven of them, so it was rigged for 12v, it only pulled 100ma max, so the results were disappointing, but it was working, but not very well. I cranked up the voltage and 'Boom' it works fine, however as it was designed for 12v, it started to raise the temp of the water, which was a No No, or was it?
    There's plenty of room for improvement on my bodged set up, but it did occur to me, the heat might not be a problem, Hydro guys use heaters in their nutes, so this could be beneficial, if the temp drops, crank up the voltage and get more Oxygen and heat, Mmmmmmmmm, I need to look into this as the cold weather is coming.
    I was planning Hydro Grows in the winter and Dirt in the summer, this might work and kill two birds with one stone?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Techead For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-09-18)