Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Decent set up piece by piece.

Thanks

Default Decent set up piece by piece.

Hi all,

First off wanna day any help would be much appreciated I’m new here and recently posted a paragraph or two in the intro section if you wish to take a read.
    Trying to cut a long story short I’m after advice on the best/commonly used/reasonably priced/ proven to work equipment.
    I have decided to buy piece by piece as I’ve heard the kits are crap!
    I am planning on an indoor grow in coir in a tent to fit about 4-6 plants and will be using hps lights.
    What I ask is you all to give me a few minutes of your time to write what you would go for and what you think would be suitable for me from the top eg tent, reflectors&lights including bulbs is it hps/mh?? (for both veg/flower), fans ,pots,& nutes etc including all sizes and brands if possible I know this must get asked a lot but any help will be much appreciated!
    BudMarley ✌️💚

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BudMarley For This Useful Post:

AND (09-08-18), Ben.g (09-08-18), Gaz (09-08-18), GEORGE (11-08-18), Ironman (09-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

Imo, you'll need a 1.2 x 1.2 for 4 plants but you'll need a bigger tent for 6.

If your going hps rather than LED then you'll need a more powerful extraction and filter. Tried and tested filter is the rhino filter. Make sure it's the rhino pro and not the hobby. You'll need a fan that pulls around 950cfm for a 1.2 x 1.2 tent.

I'd also recommend a parabolic shade if your going hps, when I used hps I found it to give a better spread of light.

If you see something and want us to check it out before you buy it, post a pic in here and we can tell you.if you can get a better deal elsewhere.

As long as you don't post any links to outside sites you'll be golden.

Any questions just ask, good luck Bud😁

Sent from ⚒Thames Iron Works⚒

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

AND (09-08-18), Ben.g (09-08-18), BudMarley (10-08-18), GEORGE (11-08-18), M_C (09-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,097 Times

My HPS is LUMii.

Get a dimmable ballast though. It can be turned from 250,400,600,660w

You can use a duel spectrum bulb for growing and vegging, that's all I've ever used.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ben.g For This Useful Post:

AND (09-08-18), BudMarley (10-08-18), GEORGE (11-08-18), Ironman (09-08-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ironman View Post
    Imo, you'll need a 1.2 x 1.2 for 4 plants but you'll need a bigger tent for 6.

If your going hps rather than LED then you'll need a more powerful extraction and filter. Tried and tested filter is the rhino filter. Make sure it's the rhino pro and not the hobby. You'll need a fan that pulls around 950cfm for a 1.2 x 1.2 tent.

I'd also recommend a parabolic shade if your going hps, when I used hps I found it to give a better spread of light.

If you see something and want us to check it out before you buy it, post a pic in here and we can tell you.if you can get a better deal elsewhere.

As long as you don't post any links to outside sites you'll be golden.

Any questions just ask, good luck Bud😁

Sent from ⚒Thames Iron Works⚒
    Thanks for the advice man! I think I’ll just start with the 4 so I’m going to go for the 1.2x 1.2 tent any recommendations??
    Also in regards to the parabolic shade any recommendations on that?? My mate had a sunking parabolic going for around 30 a while back but I’m unsure if he still has it are these any good?
    And okay cool that’s good to know before I buy anything I will let you guys know the costing etc much appreciated!
    Also if you have time head over to the outdoor section I’ve just posted in there about the few baby’s I have on the go could do with a little advice👍
    Thanks again
    Bud Marley

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BudMarley For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (10-08-18), GEORGE (11-08-18), Ironman (10-08-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ben.g View Post
    My HPS is LUMii.

Get a dimmable ballast though. It can be turned from 250,400,600,660w

You can use a duel spectrum bulb for growing and vegging, that's all I've ever used.
    Okay many thanks Ben that’s good to know!Im guessing the Lumii is serving you well then?
    & So for starters it looks like I will be going for a dimmable ballast then for sure and okay so I’m guessing with the dual spectrum bulbs there’s no need to change from MH to HPS when flowering?
    Sweet!Noted👍
    Thanks man
    BudMarley✌️💚

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BudMarley For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (10-08-18), GEORGE (11-08-18)

Thanks

Also what strains are you guys growing now and what equipment and nutes etc are you growing with? ✌️&💚 BM

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BudMarley For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Forgive me if I can just click on something too see what it is you are growing etc im still trying to get used to using the forum and on an iPhone too🤦🏻*♂️

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BudMarley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (10-08-18), BudMarley (10-08-18), GEORGE (11-08-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    Have a look through here, diarys for current and completed grows

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...rowing-Diaries
    Thanks man just having a look through a few now👍I’ve sort of seen a tent just deciding on lighting now unsure whether to go with leds or hps??? decisions decisions man🤦🏻*♂️

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BudMarley For This Useful Post:

AND (10-08-18), Ben.g (10-08-18), GEORGE (11-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Cant speak for LED, only HPS, MH & CFL here, those I can say will grow what you want

Still not sold on LED personally, not yet anyway..

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (10-08-18), BudMarley (10-08-18), GEORGE (11-08-18)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast