Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Auto pots

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts

    Default Auto pots

    Hi
    Coco coir 70%
    perlite 30%
    pebbles 1 3/4 inches
    nutriment

    This is my first grow in auto pots
    transplanted plants into auto pots left medium to almost dried out which takes 6 days was very dry turned on auto pots.

    I have also bought a moisture meter can't think of the name of it but it is green square one with two probes on the meter 1to3 dry 4to7 moist 8to10 wet

    My question it is damp at top and when I stick my finger in pots it seems very moist and when I stick the meter in the first 4 inches says moist 6 and when I push it down all the way the meter goes to wet 10 which I presume on the meter it's very wet. in the tray the water level is about 15 to 20ml and the tray go's wet to dry.
    I was under the impression that first couple of inches was supposed to be dry so the roots would search for water further down.
    Is this normal.

    Thanks.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,322
    Thanks
    948
    Thanked 1,497 Times in 491 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paul4 View Post
    Hi
    Coco coir 70%
    perlite 30%
    pebbles 1 3/4 inches
    nutriment

    This is my first grow in auto pots
    transplanted plants into auto pots left medium to almost dried out which takes 6 days was very dry turned on auto pots.

    I have also bought a moisture meter can't think of the name of it but it is green square one with two probes on the meter 1to3 dry 4to7 moist 8to10 wet

    My question it is damp at top and when I stick my finger in pots it seems very moist and when I stick the meter in the first 4 inches says moist 6 and when I push it down all the way the meter goes to wet 10 which I presume on the meter it's very wet. in the tray the water level is about 15 to 20ml and the tray go's wet to dry.
    I was under the impression that first couple of inches was supposed to be dry so the roots would search for water further down.
    Is this normal.

    Thanks.
    How big are you plants Paul?
    Maybe throw a few pics on. When I grew in the autos pots, I Fed from the top for a good week or so before I set the res and floats up. 👍🏻

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    About 7 inches and I have topped them and branches are about 7 inches and have started scroing.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to paul4 For This Useful Post:

    Farmshop (09-08-18)

  5. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,322
    Thanks
    948
    Thanked 1,497 Times in 491 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paul4 View Post
    About 7 inches and I have topped them and branches are about 7 inches and have started scroing.
    If they are growing, then I'm guessing they have put some roots down 👍🏻

  6. #5

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    Yes they are growing and look okay .
    It was just one of those questions I've been meaning to ask.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to paul4 For This Useful Post:

    Farmshop (09-08-18)

  8. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,322
    Thanks
    948
    Thanked 1,497 Times in 491 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paul4 View Post
    Yes they are growing and look okay .
    It was just one of those questions I've been meaning to ask.
    Plenty of help to be found on here buddy. You got a diary going on?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Bonza Seeds - Over 2000 Strains!     |     bongs - herbtools     |     25% off Cannabis Seeds at Dr Chronic     |     buy a bong from Herb Tools     |     GYO Seedbank     |     Buy Cannabis Seeds     |     www.alibongocannabisseeds.co.uk

THCtalk.com Disclaimer - You must be over 18 years old to view/use this site .THCtalk.com does not encourage growing Cannabis or possessing Cannabis. Learning how to grow Cannabis instructions should be for educational purposes only. All Information contained in this web site is for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and Educational purposes only. Visitors to this website are advised against breaking the law as It is illegal to smoke, grow, or possess cannabis in the UK