Thread: Clone degeneration

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks

Default Clone degeneration

Going back a couple of years I inherited a clone which turned out to be my favourite so I kept a mother of it and took cuts from that as an when needed. After a security scare I decided to retire from growing for a while and past on a cut from my mother plant to an entrusted friend to keep alive. I've now decided to start up again and said friend gave me back a cut which I have brought on and taken further cuts from ready for my first grow "out of retirement." I have flowered the initial cut I was given back since I'm pretty desperate for some smoke but I have noticed now it is 4 weeks into flower it lacks the vigor it had when I first inherited the strain a couple of years ago.

My question is now the cut I've had back is probably 10 or more cuts away from the initial cut I gave away before retiring and my original cut I have no idea how many cuts it was from the original seed is it possible that it had degenerated along the way?

Thanks in advance

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hanny098 For This Useful Post:

Blue (09-08-18), Bud Lightyear (09-08-18), CityDweller (09-08-18), GEORGE (09-08-18), MonsterEnergy (09-08-18)