Thread: Bubble hash water

Thanks

Default Bubble hash water

Hi all

I just finished a small bubble hash run with some old trim I have in the freezer and I've decided to experiment with the Ice water. It's dark brown so I guess it's got some goodness left in it. My smallest micron bag is 25 and I've read that broken heads and stalks can be as small as 11 microns. I appreciate it's going to be mainly turpines or whatever but it always feels wrong pouring it down the drain so I thought I'd experiment with it first.

I'm going to leave the water aside for a few days and see if it settles at the bottom, then use a turkey baster to try and get the water out and then use what's left for cooking. For now I poured a little sample into a pan and reduced it to a thick black oil. I've just spread it all over a rizzla like marmite and it doesn't taste too bad to smoke but tastes like ass if you put it directly on your tongue.

I can't comment on its effects, I'm already baked.. It hasn't killed me though so that's a good start.

Anyone got any experience or ideas?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Autosmim For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (09-08-18), GEORGE (09-08-18), M_C (09-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,171 Times

My best hash is usually in the 45 and 75. The 25 is junk but good enough for cooking with. The water will be mostly other plant matter and whatnot. The dirt to thc ratio in that water will be very low. The whole point of bubble hash is that the garbage goes into the water and the good stuff gets caught in the screen. The THC is not turning the water brown.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

Autosmim (09-08-18), GEORGE (10-08-18)

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. When I made the hash I only used the 220 micron to hold the trim and the 25 to catch. I'm really trying to squeeze the yield so I didn't bother with the other sized screens between coz I'd only mix them at the end anyway. It's a decent smoke, nothing to write home about but it does the job nicely.

I've just checked the Pyrex dish and a hash like powder is starting to settle around the sides of the dish. I tried to scoop a bit out with a spoon but it just washes out into the water when disturbed. It looks like hash to me. I know it's not THC making the water brown but I'm sure it will have some thc in it. I just need to work out how to get this powder out once it's settled. I can only think of a turkey baster but it might end up sucking it up... Once I've got it out I'll chuck it under the lupe to look closely at it then ill cook with it and see what it does.. Surely someone has done this before?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Autosmim For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (10-08-18), GEORGE (10-08-18)

Thanks

I've been looking around and found the "Gumby hash method". It's another method of making hash by letting everything settle (in the fridge) then using a siphon to gently remove the water from the top. I'm not expecting much as I've already had a decent yield from the bubble bags but I'm excited about the potential.

I think once I've got the water content down as much as I can I'm going to simmer it gently on low (90c ish) to reduce it further and decarb it at the same time..

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Autosmim For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-08-18)