Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: White stuff on soil

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times
    Provided Answers: 101

Are you using 2 part synthetic nutrients? The white stuff to me looks like salts from your feed, you get this when combinding a part A and part B together.

The green is certainly algae like. This is down to moisture/shade and light in the room. Scrape it off as dweller has mentioned

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

AND (11-08-18), CityDweller (11-08-18), GEORGE (11-08-18), Madscientist (11-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times
    Provided Answers: 29

Do you feed them molasses ? looks a bit like the remains of it and sugar is a growth stimulator for algae in bright light, that and watering would explain the Mycelium

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (11-08-18), GEORGE (11-08-18), Madscientist (11-08-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Are you using 2 part synthetic nutrients? The white stuff to me looks like salts from your feed, you get this when combinding a part A and part B together.

The green is certainly algae like. This is down to moisture/shade and light in the room. Scrape it off as dweller has mentioned
    I am indeed mate, I'll scrape that off now, should I layer my soil with something to reflect the light?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Madscientist For This Useful Post:

AND (11-08-18), GEORGE (11-08-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    Do you feed them molasses ? looks a bit like the remains of it and sugar is a growth stimulator for algae in bright light, that and watering would explain the Mycelium
    Nah man funny enough you mention that g though going to use some molasses (raw cane sugar) at some point today

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Madscientist For This Useful Post:

AND (11-08-18), GEORGE (11-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times
    Provided Answers: 101

Quote Originally Posted by Madscientist View Post
    I am indeed mate, I'll scrape that off now, should I layer my soil with something to reflect the light?
    I suppose you could do but I wouldn’t bother tbh. Id make sure there’s plenty of air movement down there and keep giving the top layer of soil a move about to prevent any more developing. If there late veg early flower you could also remove any useless lower foliage or growth that’s shading your pots

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

British green (11-08-18), CityDweller (11-08-18), GEORGE (11-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,767 Times

Honestly looks like mold and algae from overwatering. Make sure you are giving multiple days between feeds. Mine are 1 and 2 months old and they both go through about 2.5 L every 4 days. Water until you yet run off and then wait until shes dry about and inch down. Because if you keep this up, I promise you, you will get fungus gnats. And I promise you, you will hate your life for it. I've been there, it sucks, avoid it at all costs. If you see tiny black buggers flying around your plants, it's already too late 😰

And yeah I was advised to scrap off the top bit as well. Just scrap some off and replace it, letting her dry out properly, and you should be golden in no time

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Corneu; 11-08-18 at 08:17 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Corneu For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times
    Provided Answers: 19

Quote Originally Posted by Madscientist View Post
    Nah man funny enough you mention that g though going to use some molasses (raw cane sugar) at some point today

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

if you are using synthetic/chemical nutes then id find out if its worth using molasses,im unsure if theres any benefit unless youre doing organic grows.

redsiel will likely know

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-08-18)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2