Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pruning

Thanks

Default Pruning

Hi, on the lower branches, fan leave i believe they're called whats the best thing to do with light green, yellowing, brown, light green brown spotted leaves. Pull them off even though they don't come off easy or just snip them off close the the branch as possible? Also i have a few large fan leaves light green what should i do with them? What to prune and how to prune? Clean up/Tidy up? I am 7 days into flower.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to talk For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (11-08-18), GEORGE (11-08-18), millwall115 (11-08-18), MonsterEnergy (22-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,141 Times

Quote Originally Posted by talk View Post
    Hi, on the lower branches, fan leave i believe they're called whats the best thing to do with light green, yellowing, brown, light green brown spotted leaves. Pull them off even though they don't come off easy or just snip them off close the the branch as possible? Also i have a few large fan leaves light green what should i do with them? What to prune and how to prune? Clean up/Tidy up? I am 7 days into flower.
    Get some pics up mate. There could be some deficiency there. Also add what medium your in,Age of plant, what bites your feeding, how much your feeding etc etc. Will also be worth letting ya know your ec. If your growing In coco let us know your ph readings.

No one like us we don’t care. #upthelions

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to millwall115 For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (11-08-18), G' (11-08-18), GEORGE (11-08-18), M_C (12-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,097 Times

What Millwall said.

Sounds like nitrogen deficiency, but who knows really.

Leaves are telling you a story, don't rip out the pages!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ben.g For This Useful Post:

G' (11-08-18), GEORGE (11-08-18), millwall115 (11-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

Get your post count up to 10 brother and as the lads say get some pics up, all the best mate, '.
    FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FU#@ING FOR VIRGINITY

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (11-08-18), GEORGE (11-08-18)

Thanks

Hi

I have one plant for personal use only. Its sativa and it started life out side unfortunately the top got broke in transport. For the past the 4 weeks i've been getting these small very hard to see bugs eating the green from the leaves, they don't eat right through just leave white marks where they've munched, eventually munch marks turning brown, that is what i'm assuming of course. I may be wrong. I've been removing them daily with a wet cottonwool bud they're almost gone, i might get 3-5 a day still found on plant, these things are very hard the see, can't even identify what bug it is, anyway...

B&Q orange bucket with holes drilled in bottom, using SoHum living soils. I don't have nutrients or pH kits, I do live in a hard water area as my kettle is lime scaled

"To be able to post links or images your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 2 posts"

I uploaded pictures but it hasnt worked. Bit much getting access

imgur.com/NesyURa
    imgur.com/a/dZ19wlQ
    imgur.com/WI0wIjd
    imgur.com/a/4pdKoqj
    Last edited by talk; 12-08-18 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Site wouldn't upload images correctly

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to talk For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (12-08-18), GEORGE (12-08-18)

Thanks

Post some more comments and get up to 10.

I'd go to pests pages infirmary thread. Or start a thread there asking about bugs

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ben.g For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-08-18)

Thanks

I originally wanted to know about pruning. Still hard to get an answer.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to talk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,510 Times

There are some really good sticky threads around the forum on this subject. There seems to me different schools of thought on it but there is really good info on it here already. The sticky threads are in advanced growing techiniques I think but Im not 100%. Ive read a few different ones. Have a little look and see if they can help you. In general leaves are important and are what accept the photons for photosynthesis but Ive seen a few guys advice to trim a few fan leaves off ( a couple a day to not stress the plants too much). I am total beginner so you may want to ignore what Ive said amd wait to.speak to the experienced growers. Just thought Id try and help

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (12-08-18), GEORGE (12-08-18), Valentina (12-08-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by talk View Post
    I originally wanted to know about pruning. Still hard to get an answer.
    Depends on what answer you were after. Think we were trying to suggest finding out what was causing the issues with the leaves 1st by posting some pictures rather than just getting rid of damaged leaves.

Me I wouldn't prune anything just push them out the way.

Some people remove anything in the way.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ben.g For This Useful Post:

Gaz (12-08-18), GEORGE (12-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,510 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Ben.g View Post
    Depends on what answer you were after. Think we were trying to suggest finding out what was causing the issues with the leaves 1st by posting some pictures rather than just getting rid of damaged leaves.

Me I wouldn't prune anything just push them out the way.

Some people remove anything in the way.
    Yeah Im with you mate, from what Ive learnt I wont be removing anything.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast