Thread: new tent first time grow!

Thanks

Default new tent first time grow!

hi all, I recently purchased a 60x60x140cm tent with a 125w CFL bulb and reflector... I am looking to grow a mother from 1 of 3 plants in this as iv ordered an 80x80x160cm tent for a flowering room for the other 2 plants... my worries are the size of the tent! will i fit 2 flowering plants in a 80x80x160cm space?? iv got faith but i dont want to have to rush to get them a bigger space when they outgrow the tent which im sure they will, width wise.

i have a 600w his bulb with ballast and reflector ready for the tent and it scared that with height the plants will grow into the heat of the light! or il end up with lightly bleached buds! I don't know what to do... my babies are now 4 days old and showing the tiniest little bit of their second set of true leaves exciting ! any help on my journey to success will be greatly welcomed i will post pics tomorrow

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greengoblin93 For This Useful Post:

Gaz (12-08-18), GEORGE (12-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Not ideal size to be honest but it can be done with LST and the right strains

My flower tent is 90x90x180cm and currently has a massive single Strawberry haze in it, literally side to side filled but still have 30cm of height available

I started with small tent & CFL, click the link below and have a look

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

Gaz (12-08-18), GEORGE (12-08-18)

Thanks

Nice mate I will be doing some LST for sure and maybe some manifold work when the time comes. Iv got a rough idea in my head of interlocking manifolded plant colas hopefully each head will fit snuggly between each other at the top of the canopy... Only time will tell I guess, I'm looking to try and only keep them in veg for 3 maybe 4th week. Maybe this will keep them stump, until I maybe get a bigger tent for the last next grow. And as for seeds, they are a mix of bag seed from bought weed, 2 star Dawg and I'm pretty sure the other strain is a haze strain...

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greengoblin93 For This Useful Post:

AND (12-08-18), Gaz (12-08-18), GEORGE (12-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Be careful with bag strains mate, 12 ish weeks of hard work, you might be dissapointed by the result

Buy seeds from reputable sources to avoid the grief IMO

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

British green (12-08-18), GEORGE (12-08-18)