Thread: Curing help

Thanks

Default Curing help

I'm now on day 5 of curing. Burp once a day for about 15 mins with 62% humidity sachets in.
    When I put the buds in jars they were quite dry even tho I only dried for 3 days.
    They don't seem too have a strong smell and still very dry.
    Worried they was too dry when I jarred them.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hammerman1000 For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (14-08-18), G' (14-08-18), GEORGE (14-08-18), MonsterEnergy (14-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

You got a mini hygrometer in your jar/jars brother if not you need to get some otherwise you'll never know what Rh your buds are sitting at, i bought a pack of those 62% sachets but stopped using them as a few of the guys said they interfered with the taste, i don't know myself but i took them out anyway, if you have over dried there are ways of getting them to 62% without using sachets, i over dried once and got back to 62% by simply taking a fan leaf off one of my girls in the groom and crumpled it right up in my hand and put it in the jar with the bud, it can take a while to get it back up and you might have to repeat the process taking out the old fan leaf and putting another in, some people use apple peal or a piece of lettuce leaf but i like to use fan leaves "keeps it real" brother, good luck mate and all the best, G'.
    FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FU#@ING FOR VIRGINITY

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

AND (14-08-18), Ben.g (14-08-18), GEORGE (14-08-18), MonsterEnergy (14-08-18), M_C (14-08-18), tom222 (14-08-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by G' View Post
    You got a mini hygrometer in your jar/jars brother if not you need to get some otherwise you'll never know what Rh your buds are sitting at, i bought a pack of those 62% sachets but stopped using them as a few of the guys said they interfered with the taste, i don't know myself but i took them out anyway, if you have over dried there are ways of getting them to 62% without using sachets, i over dried once and got back to 62% by simply taking a fan leaf off one of my girls in the groom and crumpled it right up in my hand and put it in the jar with the bud, it can take a while to get it back up and you might have to repeat the process taking out the old fan leaf and putting another in, some people use apple peal or a piece of lettuce leaf but i like to use fan leaves "keeps it real" brother, good luck mate and all the best, G'.
    Pukka info g!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (14-08-18), G' (14-08-18), GEORGE (14-08-18), MonsterEnergy (14-08-18)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,392 Times

i can't see you over drying buds in only 3 days unless it was a very warm dry space or they are not main colas,
    i air dry for at least 10+ days, but that is per branch not just a single bud

first week in jars i pop em open for 60+mins

if you really feel they are just to dry, pop a fresh leaf in the jar, that'll re-hydrate them 4u slightly if needed

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (14-08-18), G' (17-08-18), GEORGE (14-08-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post
    i can't see you over drying buds in only 3 days unless it was a very warm dry space or they are not main colas,
    i air dry for at least 10+ days, but that is per branch not just a single bud

first week in jars i pop em open for 60+mins

if you really feel they are just to dry, pop a fresh leaf in the jar, that'll re-hydrate them 4u slightly if needed
    Thanks for the reply. They was smaller buds I cut yeah too put straight in jars. They are definitely pretty dry with a hay smell too them. I'm gonna try the leaf idea for sure.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hammerman1000 For This Useful Post:

G' (17-08-18), GEORGE (15-08-18)