Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CHANGING COCO TO Deep Water Culture ADVICE NEEDED

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

Default CHANGING COCO TO Deep Water Culture ADVICE NEEDED

Hello all, I am considering changing to Deep Water Culture from coco. Been looking on ebay and Growell site and there is a big difference in price, also considering just building one from scratch.

Any advice would be appreciated or links to older relevant posts.

Need a 8 pot system.

Many thanks
    TB
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

2. The Following User Says Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,866 Times

Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post
    Hello all, I am considering changing to Deep Water Culture from coco. Been looking on ebay and Growell site and there is a big difference in price, also considering just building one from scratch.

Need a 8 pot system.

Many thanks
    TB
    Have a look at IWS cracking system if you don't mind spending a few quid and you have the space to accommodate....

Regards BL

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-08-18), toblue (14-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 28,825 Times

Need a 8 pot system.

Many thanks
    TB
    What he said ^^^ lol
    Last edited by WhIpLaSh; 14-08-18 at 12:55 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-08-18), toblue (14-08-18)

Thanks

[QUOTE=toblue;1070825375]Hello all, I am considering changing to Deep Water Culture from coco. Been looking on ebay and Growell site and there is a big difference in price, also considering just building one from scratch.

Need a 8 pot system.

Many thanks
    TB[/QUOTE

If i was you i would make a just make 8 single DWC tubs up at 1st to make sure your happy with how it runs before investing in a 8 pot system .

It cost me £30 last time to set them up ( mainly the air pump and stones ) , You will defo want to get an EC meter and a good ph pen if your doing dwc , I found you have to keep on top of the PH / EC more as when the plants feed the EC obs lowers and ph rises so it takes a closer eye to keep them in the sweet spots

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrEnigma For This Useful Post:

British green (14-08-18), GEORGE (14-08-18), toblue (14-08-18)

Thanks

Many thanks lads. I have no idea about the different types of systems is the "Deep Water Culture system" the way forward?

The IWS looks like a great piece of kit cheaper than Growell but more expensive than ebay eBay item number:112559930316 Is there much difference?

Sorry to bombard you with questions but I want to get it right.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

You also need to consider the price of a chiller if ya go recirculating dwc . As above I’d play around with a bucket and a air stone/pump . Try it out make sure it’s for you . Ec meter and ph meter is a must 🇬🇧

Sent from a green and pleasant land

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-08-18), MrEnigma (14-08-18), toblue (14-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Many thanks lads. I have no idea about the different types of systems is the "Deep Water Culture system" the way forward?

The IWS looks like a great piece of kit cheaper than Growell but more expensive than ebay eBay item number:112559930316 Is there much difference?

Sorry to bombard you with questions but I want to get it right.
    Speak with ginger and have a look at what he’s been doing with his 8 pot alien system. He is a top bloke and will help ya out and give ya some sound advice 🇬🇧

Sent from a green and pleasant land

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-08-18), tom222 (14-08-18)

Thanks

Decided to go with the IWS R-DWC, but so far contacting the company who manufacture them has been less than promising. I telephoned all of their 3 numbers to ask for advice and never managed to get to speak to anyone apart from the receptionist. One just said call a retailer and ask them. To be truthful it has really put me off buying one.

As far as I can see they do 3 systems the standard R-DWC, the Pro and the Rush.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-08-18)

Thanks

Just an update the company Nutsystems did call me back. Called a guy from OneStop and he got someone to call me back who was very helpful. I need an L shape design so they said they could design it for me. Apparently Nutsystems only supply the basics and the retailer sorts everything else out, pipe work etc.

I have a trip to Birmingham soon so plan is to call in at One Stop on the way down and then Growell (Birmingham) and maybe Holland (Manchester) and see who can give me the best deal.

Idea is to have 2 systems maybe a cheaper one for veg and an IWS for flower.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (15-08-18), GEORGE (17-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,310 Times

Hello Lad. Ive been tempted to have a go at full hydro and proberly will in the future.. i was following gingers grows with hes alien setup and he smashed it mate.

Nut systems are the same and have been around for longer so you wont go wrong with one if them.

Let us know how you get on pal.
    I personally like the recurculating systems with a chiller ,, big bucks thiw haha. Best of luck mate.!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Toms Iws Flood & drain system using coco. 2020.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...ems-using-Coco

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tom222 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-08-18), toblue (15-08-18)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast