Thread: 10k metal halide finisher 600w lamp

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 1

Default Answered: 10k metal halide finisher 600w lamp

Been thinking about buying one of these recently, just wondering if anyone has had any experience with using one of these in the latter stages of flowering versus a traditional hps lamp, which is what i am using now, and whether it is worth it.

Did it cause any losses in yield etc...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2. "a 10k finishing bulb is a mH with boosted UV output
    the uv is what forces the extra resin production since it's to protect seeds from uv,

bit like having a led panel with the added uv bulbs,
    they add the only real thing missing indoors ''UV''"

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to elchops For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (16-08-18), GEORGE (16-08-18), Ginger-bud (17-08-18), MonsterEnergy (27-08-18), redisiel (27-08-18)

Macky Guest

It is thought, that introducing the blue spectrum of light at the end of flowering can increase resin production, because the plant sense he blue spectrum as the onset of winter. She hasnt been pollinated, so pushes out more resins to make it extra sticky, to catch some pollen. During the last 2 weeks, its more ripening time, than fattening time. So adding the blue light shouldn't reduce the yield, and if it does it wont be much. I always like to finish on a MH, for a week is enough IMO, but whether it really makes a difference, i dont know lol

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

elchops (19-11-18), GEORGE (27-08-18), MonsterEnergy (27-08-18), redisiel (27-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times
    Provided Answers: 71

Better off with a full spectrum all the way I think
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

elchops (19-11-18), GEORGE (27-08-18), ggotch (19-11-18), joker_the_smoker (28-08-18), MonsterEnergy (27-08-18)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,392 Times
    Provided Answers: 87

a 10k finishing bulb is a mH with boosted UV output
    the uv is what forces the extra resin production since it's to protect seeds from uv,

bit like having a led panel with the added uv bulbs,
    they add the only real thing missing indoors ''UV''

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

Blue (19-11-18), elchops (19-11-18), GEORGE (28-08-18), lipnobody (25-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times
    Provided Answers: 42

I use dual spec super hps all he way throuout . No more MH b.s i find its a complete waste . MH use more electeicity have less par and less lumen for the same wattage lose lose situation with them .

Dual spec all the way its been a year and im never turnijg back . You can even use a straight HPS all throughout . Done it with excellent results .

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-08-18)

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 1

Even a dual spectrum through flower?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    I use dual spec super hps all he way throuout . No more MH b.s i find its a complete waste . MH use more electeicity have less par and less lumen for the same wattage lose lose situation with them .

Dual spec all the way its been a year and im never turnijg back . You can even use a straight HPS all throughout . Done it with excellent results .

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elchops For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-11-18), Trex (19-11-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elchops View Post
    Even a dual spectrum through flower?

Its actually full spec . More blue mixed with the red .

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times
    Provided Answers: 176

MH for the win! weather its mh hps dual spec , watts are watts neither is sneakly using more or less lol

i will always use MH, reduces stretch alot more an i notice tighter busher plants for it also each to there own tho

17. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-11-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    MH for the win! weather its mh hps dual spec , watts are watts neither is sneakly using more or less lol

i will always use MH, reduces stretch alot more an i notice tighter busher plants for it also each to there own tho
    Yea forgot to say . i do bumper crops of autos in multi stages of growin cant go wrong with the dual spec from start to finish . Switching to mh when ive got some in full bloom aint efficient .

For photos ill agree .straight mh can give bushier plants and tad less stretch tho .

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times
    Provided Answers: 176

Yea forgot to say . i do bumper crops of autos in multi stages of growin cant go wrong with the dual spec from start to finish . Switching to mh when ive got some in full bloom aint efficient .

For photos ill agree .straight mh can give bushier plants and tad less stretch tho .

dual spec = automatic car mh/hps = Manual hahaha ya lazy feckka haha

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-11-18), Trex (19-11-18)