Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 945w CDM lamps

Viz Guest

Default 945w CDM lamps

For those of us who use CDM lighting, this is quite interesting I think.

Simply upgrade your 1000W DE fitting to CDM. My quesiton is how is that possible, as I thought the CDM 315w Philips lamps ran at some special square wave malarky?

Anyone with a brain or any knowledge please share with me.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

AND (16-08-18), gardro (16-08-18), ggotch (16-08-18), M_C (16-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

no idea but 945w would be mental.

have to stick fingers n my ears n yell la la la la loudly,i cant afford any new stuff now,for a loong time.

subbed

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

AND (16-08-18), gardro (16-08-18)

Viz Guest

Dude the lamp costs £35 more than the Philips Agro lamp. FFS

Going to see if I can pick up a second hand 1000DE on fleabay

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

AND (16-08-18), gardro (16-08-18), ggotch (16-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

I'm not experienced in this area but in general your average digital hps ballast operates at a high frequency and cmd runs at a lower frequency, square wave like you say Viz

Some high end digis have various output modes which may allow cdm to run, but not optimally

I'd take a stab at a gavita being able to do it

Bulb's life will be shortened I would guess and spectrum might be shifted

These manufacturers are clever at making new tech incompatible with old tech

🔆🔆https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1070817743

Gardro's coco grow mentored by joker the smoker

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

AND (16-08-18), ggotch (16-08-18)

Thanks

that £35 the bulb or we talking about the fitting?..

would also mean ramping everything else up to cope with the extra heat for me,so ill just watch with envy

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

AND (16-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Unless the bulb has some conversion tech to convert the ballast output to low frequency square wave, cant see how they can do it. Square wave gives more consistent light hence better from CDM. Where is this info from ?

Magnetic ballast = low frequency Sine
    Digital Ballast = High frquency Sine
    CDM = Low frequency square

edit :gardro beat me to it
    Last edited by AND; 16-08-18 at 04:41 PM.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

gardro (16-08-18)

Viz Guest

Have a read lads

A Full spectrum intensity that you’ve never seen before

With an increasing number of indoor gardeners moving away from traditional lighting fixtures (like HPS) towards more rounded sources such as 315w Ceramic discharge metal halide (CDM), We’re proud here at future garden to be the first hydro shop in the UK to offer a higher wattage lamp for a larger footprint and better penetration of the balanced spectrum CDM provides.

Use CDM with your lights in their current configuration, no remodelling or working out the best spacing – Just plug this DE CMH into your current 1000w DE fixtures and you’re ready to grow!

The 945w CMH is a clear upgrade path for existing DE 1000w units, as you just need a replacement bulb – You can use the same ballast and reflector from your existing 1000w fixture.

If you have been considering upgrading your garden to CDM but were put off by the high cost of initial outlay, this lamp provides a much cheaper alternative to bring the benefits of a rounded spectrum, all without having to change your current fixtures.

Ceramic Metal Halide lighting has the widest, most balanced spectrum of any High intensity Discharge (HID) lighting and has been specifically designed with the growth of plants in mind – an extremely balanced spectrum high in PAR (photo synthetic radiation) ; the wavelengths of light that have the highest effect on the growth of plants.

The 945w CDM lamps come in two flavours, both variants are more than 90% similar to sunlight. Traditional indoor lighting like HPS is only around 30% like our suns spectrum. CRI is a measure of the quality of light and can be considered like nutrition, while flux (μmol per watt) is a quantity of this light.

Using the analogy of food, CDM lighting has both a high intensity and quality, so its like eating lots of healthy food. HPS and MH have narrow spectrum and can be compared to eating lots of fast food – The quantity is there but there’s a lack of quality which clearly manifests in the end product.

When using CDM lighting, expect increased yields and a much higher quality.

The double glass jacket filters harmful UV (B & C) and protects you in the event of complete lamp failure.

We’ve tested this bulb in a 1000w Dimlux, 1000w DE Gavita and DLI 1000w DE. If you’ve got a double ended 1000w fixture, you can easily upgrade your garden and broaden its spectrum!

BLUE - 942 - 4K 945W CMH TECH SPECS:
    Type: 945w DE-CMH ¬
    Photon Flux: 1650 umol/s
    μmol per watt: 1.74 μmol/s
    Light output (Lumens @ 100 Hours): 93000 Lumens
    Lumen per Watt: 125
    Rated Life ( Hours @ 10 Hour/Start): 10000
    Lamp Operating Amps: 3A
    Min-Max Starting Pulse: 5-6 Peak KV
    Min Open Circuit Voltage: 324V RMS
    Min Pulse Width: 1 @4500V (microseconds)
    Min Pulse Rate per 1/2 Cycle: 1
    Pulse position: 90-90, 240-270 electrical degrees
    Wattage: 945W
    Lamp Operating Voltage: 275V
    CRI: 97
    Color Temperature: 4200K
    Burn Position: Horizontal +/- 15 degrees

RED – 930 - 3K-R 945W CMH TECH SPECS:
    Type: 945w DE-CMH
    Photon Flux: 1720 μmol /s
    μmol per watt: 1.82 μmol/s
    Light output (Lumens @ 100 Hours): 100000 Lumens
    Lumen per Watt: 125
    Rated Life ( Hours @ 10 Hour/Start): 10000
    Lamp Operating Amps: 3A
    Min-Max Starting Pulse: 5-6 Peak KV
    Min Open Circuit Voltage: 324V RMS
    Min Pulse Width: 1 @4500V (microseconds)
    Min Pulse Rate per 1/2 Cycle: 1
    Pulse position: 90-90, 240-270 electrical degrees
    Wattage: 945W
    Lamp Operating Voltage: 275V
    CRI: 90
    Color Temperature: 3000K
    Burn Position: Horizontal +/- 15 degrees

How to use:

On the whole, the blue 4k lamp is better suited for vegetative growth while the 3k-r red bulb will produce a higher yield of denser fruit thanks to the longer wavelengths of light that support profuse flower sets.

Both types of bulb can realistically be used throughout an entire cycle thanks to their broad spectral output – If you wanted to purchase just one CMH lamp to upgrade your whole garden, the 3K-r is most suited for all stages, especially when you consider most annuals are only In their vegetative stage for a month & the flowering period can often exceed 2 months.

If You were looking to introduce CMH to an existing HPS garden, you could use the 4k Blue bulb in a 2:1 ratio of HPS to CMH, so for every 2000w of HPS, you’d want one of the 4k blue bulbs.

Another option if you’re looking to supplement with CMH is using the maxibright 315w horizon which is a purpose designed supplemental fixture that’s been specifically manufactured to throw the light from a 315w CMH lamp over a 2.4m x 1.2m footprint so it’s perfect between 2 x 600w HPS fixtures.

These 945w cmd lamps must be used with a high frequency ballast.

You should Drive 945w CMH lamps at 1000w – If any other amount of power is delivered to the bulb it will reduce the life expectancy as well as shift the spectral output.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

AND (16-08-18), gardro (16-08-18), ggotch (16-08-18)

Viz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ggotch View Post
    that £35 the bulb or we talking about the fitting?..

would also mean ramping everything else up to cope with the extra heat for me,so ill just watch with envy

The difference in price between the lamps mate, the fitting is extra. 315 Philips Lamps go for £100 each.

So for those folks with 1000DE fittings what a bonus.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

gardro (16-08-18), ggotch (16-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

These are retro fit bulbs then, nice find!

Not quite fitting a CDM bulb in a HF ballast

The efficiency not quite there though, in particular in 3000K flower
    Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    Have a read lads

🔆🔆https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1070817743

Gardro's coco grow mentored by joker the smoker

Thanks

aha thanks viz,yeah my first bulb was 100 notes(phillips) but then i tried those cheapy £40 ones,surprisingly i got same results harvestwise so have stuck with those for now,simply cant afford ton for a bulb now im unemp lol.

look forward to your 945w diary

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

gardro (16-08-18)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast