Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 945w CDM lamps

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Sorry mate what have i missed?
    Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    These are retro fit bulbs then, nice find!

Not quite fitting a CDM bulb in a HF ballast

The efficiency not quite there though, in particular in 3000K flower

🔆🔆https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1070817743

Gardro's coco grow mentored by joker the smoker

Thanks

Sorry I'm not being obtuse

These bulbs are designed to retrofit into a small number of existing double Ender's.

Their spec is better than hps but not as high other CDM bulbs

They are less efficient than other CDM and miles off other forms of lighting

Hence the low price

Thanks

When you say they are miles off other forms of lighting what lighting are you referring too?

Also you mentioned as them being not as effiecient as other cdm units, do you think they produce the same just use more energy or produce less using the same energy?

Ive currently got 1000w dimlux, was in two minds about selling and buying the 630 dimlux cdm but could these 945w be a better option for me?

two main questions I suppose really.

1. Would this 945w cdm bulb be better than my 1000w hps bulb?
    2. Would this 945w cdm bulb be better in my dimlux than an actual dedicated 630 dimlux cdm unit?

talling about purely quality and quantity of yield, effiecncy and temperatures are not my priority for a decent bit of smoke

4. The Following User Says Thank You to THE DARK KNIGHT For This Useful Post:

gardro (16-08-18)

Thanks

HPS runs at 1.5umol per watt. Gavita double ender runs 1.6

These 945s run at 1.72 so not exactly awe inspiring. Full cdm hits 1.8+

Yes better than 1000w hps but not much at all. By their own specs, 945w would give you 1067 watts equivalent hps.......

Not going to mention the 2.7 umol per watt of other types of lighting since this is an HID thread

Again quality, buds, frost we will leave out as I'm certain hps is terribly at that with its 20% CRI

Viz Guest

I think the key thing here is that currently these DE lamps are a stop gap. They ARE meant to be used with low frequency square wave (LFSW) ballast, now I do not know of that many 1000W ballast that are NOT high frequency. These lamps will work with normal DE high frequency ballasts. But there will be risk and possible longevity issues with the lamp itself.

These guys give a pretty stern warning about their lamps in 1000W ballasts. LINK

But there has to be a reason why this development has taken place. Why are commercial growers who are using 1000W DE equipment even wanting to use a CDM type lamp when they have MH and HPS to choose from? I see that there are other companies developing 1000W CDM 2 x 500W CDM rather than 3 x 315W as this DE 945 lamp has. That for me is the more important question. This is not really about which lamp, or lighting system is better guys. It is about the fact that since growing weed has become legal in so many places firms are investing and researching how better to grow weed.

Below are a couple of interesting products and articles I have found.

If you are interested you can go have a look here.

1000W LINK

There is a quite a bit written about the LFSW ballast and I found this document very helpful to aid my understanding. LFSW

So if anyone would like to buy me this ballast and fitting.

VIZ Gift

Just send me pm for my address to ship too.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

AND (16-08-18), gardro (16-08-18), ggotch (16-08-18)

Thanks

Agree with what you

Initially it was expected the CDM 600 would come close to 1000 hps but they don't cut it. All the grow shops local to me are having trouble with repeat sales of CDM. Granted the customers are cash croppers so need to go back to their yield under 1000w. The 945 will do that for them but they don't want to risk buying the low freq kit

A bit like led when it first came out. Left bad taste.

I'm an led man but appreciate the shear brute force of hid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    I think the key thing here is that currently these DE lamps are a stop gap. They ARE meant to be used with low frequency square wave (LFSW) ballast, now I do not know of that many 1000W ballast that are NOT high frequency. These lamps will work with normal DE high frequency ballasts. But there will be risk and possible longevity issues with the lamp itself.

These guys give a pretty stern warning about their lamps in 1000W ballasts. LINK

But there has to be a reason why this development has taken place. Why are commercial growers who are using 1000W DE equipment even wanting to use a CDM type lamp when they have MH and HPS to choose from? I see that there are other companies developing 1000W CDM 2 x 500W CDM rather than 3 x 315W as this DE 945 lamp has. That for me is the more important question. This is not really about which lamp, or lighting system is better guys. It is about the fact that since growing weed has become legal in so many places firms are investing and researching how better to grow weed.

Below are a couple of interesting products and articles I have found.

If you are interested you can go have a look here.

1000W LINK

There is a quite a bit written about the LFSW ballast and I found this document very helpful to aid my understanding. LFSW

So if anyone would like to buy me this ballast and fitting.

VIZ Gift

Just send me pm for my address to ship too.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

AND (16-08-18), ggotch (16-08-18)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2