Thread: General hydroponics problem

Thanks

Default General hydroponics problem

Hi all i am a first time grower and I have ran into trouble with my first grow.

Basics are, i am using hydros as i cannot get a mass amount of soil into the house without raising suspicions.

I am starting with water from.a dehumidifier, using a ppm pen it gets between 75 and 120 ppm. Plany below started with 75 and i added calmag to 200 ppm then i added general hydroponics solutions to take the ppm to 350.

I found a site that says to use 3 parts gro, 2 parts micro and 1 part bloom for a veg cycle, as you can see the plant is in full veg mode, i am using a vipraspectra 600w in a 4x4 tent.

I ph to 5.5 and redrop when it hits 6.5 +*

I don't know if i am locking out the nuts by adding the cal-mag or even if i am not adding enough nuts in the beginning, i have read somewhere that the plants should have 700 ppms but I have fried plants before so i am very uneasy about adding a lot more...

Thanks in advance

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kevo887 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-08-18), Ironman (19-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

Quote Originally Posted by kevo887 View Post
    Hi all i am a first time grower and I have ran into trouble with my first grow.

Basics are, i am using hydros as i cannot get a mass amount of soil into the house without raising suspicions.

I am starting with water from.a dehumidifier, using a ppm pen it gets between 75 and 120 ppm. Plany below started with 75 and i added calmag to 200 ppm then i added general hydroponics solutions to take the ppm to 350.

I found a site that says to use 3 parts gro, 2 parts micro and 1 part bloom for a veg cycle, as you can see the plant is in full veg mode, i am using a vipraspectra 600w in a 4x4 tent.

I ph to 5.5 and redrop when it hits 6.5 +*

I don't know if i am locking out the nuts by adding the cal-mag or even if i am not adding enough nuts in the beginning, i have read somewhere that the plants should have 700 ppms but I have fried plants before so i am very uneasy about adding a lot more...

Thanks in advance

Hi mate, I'm not a hydro grower at all but looking at your plants I would say u have a small amount of nute burn on the first few pics.

Sounds like you hit to much cal mag, imo you should never add more cal mag than nutrients.

Add the cal mag last to you solution but only raise the ppm by 75 instead of 125. Don't add any more nutrients and aim for a ppm of 300. That should be a little better.

Personally I try to use cal mag as sparingly as I can but with these leds the plants use up alot more cal than normal.

Sent from ⚒Thames Iron Works⚒

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Don't want to add to your problems but those white spots on the lower leaves look like spidermite muchies, have a check

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-08-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    Hi mate, I'm not a hydro grower at all but looking at your plants I would say u have a small amount of nute burn on the first few pics.

Sounds like you hit to much cal mag, imo you should never add more cal mag than nutrients.

Add the cal mag last to you solution but only raise the ppm by 75 instead of 125. Don't add any more nutrients and aim for a ppm of 300. That should be a little better.

Personally I try to use cal mag as sparingly as I can but with these leds the plants use up alot more cal than normal.

Sent from ⚒Thames Iron Works⚒
    I have changed the sump and just using water ph'd correctly and little ppms 75 its hitting until i flush the plant then I'll work it up when it shows me the signs

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kevo887 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-08-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    Don't want to add to your problems but those white spots on the lower leaves look like spidermite muchies, have a check
    I have checked no sign but i have started a spray of neem and soap just incase

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kevo887 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-08-18)