Thread: Unexpected and early pollination

Thanks

Default Unexpected and early pollination

I have 2 plants in a grow box and they both are 6 weeks old and from the same plant's seeds. 2 weeks ago I had to left house and they had only stipules, not pollen sacks or pistils. When I back home today I surprised to see that the taller one turned out to be a male with some pollen sacks and unfortunately one of them was popped up, pollens spilled over the leaves and the soil.

The other one is a female, I can barely see the little pistils even under a huge magnifier, which makes me think that pistils emerged within the last one or two days.

I know it's very early for a 6 weeks old male plant, this is probably a rare case. Furthermore these happened under 18-6 light schedule and these are not even auto-flowers.
    The male is really big and tall for a 6 weeks old plant, the female is only 25 cm.

I have 2 questions;

1-Cleaning the little grow box from pollens is the easy part, but my exhaust fan blows the outtake air allover the inside of the house, not the outside. It's almost impossible to clean all the house out of the pollens since the house is big enough. What do you suggest me to do?

2-Considering the female have very new born pistils, is it possible that pollination did not happened? If the female is pollinated is it still wort to keep on growing her, because their mother was a potent one.

I need your advice, thanks.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crazy cat daddy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-08-18), Valentina (26-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy cat daddy View Post
    I have 2 plants in a grow box and they both are 6 weeks old and from the same plant's seeds. 2 weeks ago I had to left house and they had only stipules, not pollen sacks or pistils. When I back home today I surprised to see that the taller one turned out to be a male with some pollen sacks and unfortunately one of them was popped up, pollens spilled over the leaves and the soil.

The other one is a female, I can barely see the little pistils even under a huge magnifier, which makes me think that pistils emerged within the last one or two days.

I know it's very early for a 6 weeks old male plant, this is probably a rare case. Furthermore these happened under 18-6 light schedule and these are not even auto-flowers.
    The male is really big and tall for a 6 weeks old plant, the female is only 25 cm.

I have 2 questions;

1-Cleaning the little grow box from pollens is the easy part, but my exhaust fan blows the outtake air allover the inside of the house, not the outside. It's almost impossible to clean all the house out of the pollens since the house is big enough. What do you suggest me to do?

2-Considering the female have very new born pistils, is it possible that pollination did not happened? If the female is pollinated is it still wort to keep on growing her, because their mother was a potent one.

I need your advice, thanks.
    If you like the smoke that much, than I would go, for the seeds, if not, than just wait and see if she starts to develop and scratch her. JMO Another thing you could try, is to take a few cuttings, wash them real good, and then wait to see if they grow out without seeds. Never tried anything like this, but sounds interesting.
    Last edited by GEORGE; 26-08-18 at 09:35 AM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Crazy cat daddy (26-08-18), Valentina (26-08-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    If you like the smoke that much, than I would go, for the seeds, if not, than just wait and see if she starts to develop and scratch her. JMO Another thing you could try, is to take a few cuttings, wash them real good, and then wait to see if they grow out without seeds. Never tried anything like this, but sounds interesting.
    You are right, cloning works. But I didn't understand the washing part, what is it for? Problem with the cloning is she is short and the distance between the internodes are less than an inch, should I still take clones or wait for her to grow taller?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Crazy cat daddy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-08-18)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

it won't be seeded in 18-6 light schedule mate, it's still in veg
    the pollen could seed your female at a later time, so best to clean/remove the male and just keep growing the female out

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

Crazy cat daddy (27-08-18), GEORGE (26-08-18), Valentina (26-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

What Monster said. ^^^^ Also I meant you could take some new cuttings, and put them under the sink water and wash them real good, so it might wash off any pollen, than put them in dirt and veg them. They might be all girls or them might have pick up on the boy, don't know until you try it. If it is that good, then it is worth trying. Good luck, and happy growing.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Crazy cat daddy (27-08-18)

Thanks

Your advises relieved me, you've been very helpful, thank you. @hotshot @MonsterEnergy