Thread: Advice on LST when plant has just started showing signs of flowering

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks

Default Advice on LST when plant has just started showing signs of flowering

alrite guys, my girl has just started showing signs of flowering and i have her LST'd from young. I had no room to tie down the terminal bud which came from the main stem, i have plenty of axillary growth. this main bud has more development than the rest and its been allowed to grow about 2 inches from last tied down. my question is can i still tie it down this far into growth as shes switching to flowering incase it throws up more axillary growth from the last couple of nodes will this flower fully develop? im a bit baffled here. this bud is closer to the light than the rest that the reason i am trying to tie it down so i dont have to keep raising the lights so far from the rest of the buds.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigNasty For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-08-18), WhIpLaSh (30-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,876 Times

Yes, you can carry on LST'ing through flowering
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

BigNasty (30-08-18), GEORGE (30-08-18), Herbitual (30-08-18), WhIpLaSh (30-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,286 Times

LST'ing when starting flower is a challenge for a few of reasons.

Firstly, the branches are likely to be quite stiff now - you have far less ability to move them than when they were green and pliable.

Secondly, there's a bit of, it's-too-late-to-develop-new-bud-sites, IMO...there will be stretch, sure, but I doubt you'll develop a bud site worthy of the name at this point.

Lastly, you can, still, gently, still pull branches down and out so that they receive more light, but that does mean pulling them away from your light source.

In short, you can make small changes, but nothing dramatic should (or can) be done now.
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/signaturepics/sigpic82640_3.gif

Neckbeard, cute dog, pansy-ass fuck* pursuing herb immunity since 1966

*TM. HazyClouds (RIP)

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

BigNasty (30-08-18), GEORGE (30-08-18), Kurdt (31-08-18), WhIpLaSh (30-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,286 Times

Ha - just the two polar opposite views in 3 mins.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

BigNasty (30-08-18), Gaz (30-08-18), GEORGE (30-08-18), M_C (30-08-18), WhIpLaSh (30-08-18)

Thanks

Herb, what you just wrote about devolping bud sites was what i was thinking, down and out is what i need

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigNasty For This Useful Post:

Gaz (30-08-18), GEORGE (30-08-18), WhIpLaSh (30-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,510 Times

I will have to LST in flower probably but not to create new bud sites but to keep the plant away from light in my tiny space so I guess it depends on what the purpose is ?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

BigNasty (31-08-18), GEORGE (30-08-18), WhIpLaSh (30-08-18)