Thread: Thought it was light burn but clearly isn’t...

Thanks
    Thanked 3,268 Times in 1,124 Posts

Default Thought it was light burn but clearly isn’t...

If anyone could shed some light that’d be amazing as always. I assumed they had a little scorch being against the led in the smaller tent... started feeding 2 waterings ago and it seems to be worsening... its starting as almost a gold colour before turning brown and wilting but on random areas. As usual I’m stumped and not had any luck on the diary. Sorry to bother 😊

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _teapot_ For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (31-08-18), hotshot (31-08-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,069 Times in 6,261 Posts

Looks like they got a little to much food. Should be alright in a few days. JMO

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hotshot For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (31-08-18), ggotch (31-08-18), Macky (12-09-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,948 Times in 2,293 Posts

Interesting one and suspect that "shedding light" is actually the issue, ironically.

It's just one plant affected isn't it?

Is there a potential for a hot spot or is the light absolutely uniform across the grow?

Also, are your fans oscillating?
    If you're reading this on Tapatalk, you're not on Tapatalk.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default Thought it was light burn but clearly isn’t...

Quote Originally Posted by Herbitual View Post
    Interesting one and suspect that "shedding light" is actually the issue, ironically.

It's just one plant affected isn't it?

Is there a potential for a hot spot or is the light absolutely uniform across the grow?

Also, are your fans oscillating?
    Fair play I’ll have to look that one up, yes it seems to be the one plant hence thinking it was from the led. They were touching the reflector 48 for probably a day or so.

The light should be uniform now they’re in the bigger tent and netted? And I’ve just bought a secret jardin oscillating fan 🤔

They’re under a mars 900 now if that makes any difference

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _teapot_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It doesn't look like too much nutes at all. As i can see it is just partially on one plant? And not spreading over the entire plant? If you added a fan recently i would just wait out with the new setup.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cloney For This Useful Post:

hotshot (05-09-18), _teapot_ (05-09-18)

Thanks

definitely light burn..might not be able to reverse it,,i'd prune anything burnt,yellow is what attracts bugs and you don't want that.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cannabisphilanthropist For This Useful Post:

hotshot (05-09-18), _teapot_ (05-09-18)

Thanks

Ideal cheers guys. It’s definitely not spread and only on the kush girls

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _teapot_ For This Useful Post:

cannabisphilanthropist (05-09-18), hotshot (05-09-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,227 Times in 1,646 Posts

I reckon you've mistakenly spilled water / feed on that area perhaps? there are 4 things that look like this in canna, light burn, ph issue, too much feed, spilling on leaves.
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (14-09-18), hotshot (12-09-18), _teapot_ (12-09-18)

Thanks

why would water on a leaf affect it?? many people do a foliage spray with no adverse side effects.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cannabisphilanthropist For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (14-09-18), hotshot (12-09-18), SmobyToker#1 (12-09-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cannabisphilanthropist View Post
    why would water on a leaf affect it?? many people do a foliage spray with no adverse side effects.
    Yes you are right, i myself foliar spray, however, i do this just before lights off or during lights off, but usually whilst the stomata are open whilst warm still to get most absorbed. It then has all night to dry off before lights on next. I never spray in full light. But i do water in full light and sometimes i dribble here n there lol, i then find the scorching caused by droplets on the leaves. Its a case of ruling out stuff. if the op is not dribbling (like me) then it must be either light damage or feed issues or ph.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

cannabisphilanthropist (12-09-18), CityDweller (14-09-18), hotshot (12-09-18), _teapot_ (12-09-18)

Thanks

I totally understand the light turning the water into a hotspot...

I just wasn't sure why you said "light burn or spilling on leaves"

cause its not actually the "spill on leafs" as much as it is (leaving your plants "wet" in the light cycle,causing light burn)

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cannabisphilanthropist For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (14-09-18), hotshot (12-09-18), SmobyToker#1 (14-09-18)

Thanks

I suppose it’s like a magnifying glass effect? I regularly dribble haha and tbh I had the intake ducting hanging past the light so that could possibly have caused a hot spot too?

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to _teapot_ For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (14-09-18), ggotch (14-09-18), hotshot (12-09-18), SmobyToker#1 (14-09-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _teapot_ View Post
    I suppose it’s like a magnifying glass effect? I regularly dribble haha and tbh I had the intake ducting hanging past the light so that could possibly have caused a hot spot too?
    Hello mate. something else i've had before also.....when having lengths of ducts insulated or other wise in the groom at a horizontal level, i find that condensation from the drawn in cool air meeting warm creates pools of water in the duct that then finds its way out, usually on to plants grrrr. I have observed this 3 times now and end up running the dehumidifier due to this. In the worse affected area (where the duct joins wall coming in) i have had several botrytis outbreaks....heart wrenching stuff.

I tell you what it is nice to talk to others in the same mind....i've been so cardboard cut out perfect guy for months and months with no "naughty" outlet...no canna talk...

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (14-09-18), hotshot (14-09-18), _teapot_ (14-09-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,453 Times in 2,738 Posts

I always spray durring lights on and get big droplets. I never see this type of burn. I believe the water acting as a magnifying glass to be a myth. Just my 2 cents.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

Gaz (14-09-18), hotshot (14-09-18), Trex (26-09-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,776 Times in 2,471 Posts

imo this bit \/ will have done damage thatll be ongoing

"They were touching the reflector 48 for probably a day or so."

mind they look quite dark in pics so maybe the feeds been too strong,as well, for this particular plant at the same time.same strain doesnt always mean you get identical plants with same identical needs.

doesnt look like splash to me,water tends to droplet/runoff so splash burn is normally little circles,theres some quite large patches in there that wouldnt be just splash burn.

also remember led grows tend to need more calcium than bulbs grows,so something else for your list.

but as with everything tinterweb,only real way of sussing it is to be there,know everything about your grow etc etc.

if i get leaves that are unrepairable/murdered, i just nip them off or fold them out of sight.haha.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (16-09-18), hotshot (14-09-18), _teapot_ (14-09-18)

Thanks

Awesome thanks again guys. Yes they’ve been dark again so plain water, there had Minoan lowest dose nutes for maybe 2 feeds so possibly the fact I’m using canna terra soil over biobizz light as I have in the past..?

They’ve had a good trim since and are starting to look like they could do with some cal mag so that’s going in tonight.

Legends. Like what was said it’s cool just having a group of like minded people together. Awesome community 👌

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _teapot_ For This Useful Post:

ggotch (14-09-18), hotshot (14-09-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,069 Times in 6,261 Posts

Talking

Check all the tips of your leaves. This doesn't look much like Light burn to me, more like a tad over feed.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hotshot For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (16-09-18), ggotch (16-09-18), _teapot_ (15-09-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    Check all the tips of your leaves. This doesn't look much like Light burn to me, more like a tad over feed.
    It’s blowing my mind as they’ve had pretty much no feed, could it just be the soil?

One out of the 4 had a dose of magne cal today but all are in plain water other than that

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _teapot_ For This Useful Post:

ggotch (16-09-18), hotshot (15-09-18)