Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Thought it was light burn but clearly isn’t...

Thanks

I totally understand the light turning the water into a hotspot...

I just wasn't sure why you said "light burn or spilling on leaves"

cause its not actually the "spill on leafs" as much as it is (leaving your plants "wet" in the light cycle,causing light burn)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cannabisphilanthropist For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (14-09-18), GEORGE (12-09-18), SmobyToker#1 (14-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,573 Times

I suppose it’s like a magnifying glass effect? I regularly dribble haha and tbh I had the intake ducting hanging past the light so that could possibly have caused a hot spot too?

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to _teapot_ For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (14-09-18), GEORGE (12-09-18), ggotch (14-09-18), SmobyToker#1 (14-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

Quote Originally Posted by _teapot_ View Post
    I suppose it’s like a magnifying glass effect? I regularly dribble haha and tbh I had the intake ducting hanging past the light so that could possibly have caused a hot spot too?
    Hello mate. something else i've had before also.....when having lengths of ducts insulated or other wise in the groom at a horizontal level, i find that condensation from the drawn in cool air meeting warm creates pools of water in the duct that then finds its way out, usually on to plants grrrr. I have observed this 3 times now and end up running the dehumidifier due to this. In the worse affected area (where the duct joins wall coming in) i have had several botrytis outbreaks....heart wrenching stuff.

I tell you what it is nice to talk to others in the same mind....i've been so cardboard cut out perfect guy for months and months with no "naughty" outlet...no canna talk...
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (14-09-18), GEORGE (14-09-18), _teapot_ (14-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

I always spray durring lights on and get big droplets. I never see this type of burn. I believe the water acting as a magnifying glass to be a myth. Just my 2 cents.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

Gaz (14-09-18), GEORGE (14-09-18), Trex (26-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

imo this bit \/ will have done damage thatll be ongoing

"They were touching the reflector 48 for probably a day or so."

mind they look quite dark in pics so maybe the feeds been too strong,as well, for this particular plant at the same time.same strain doesnt always mean you get identical plants with same identical needs.

doesnt look like splash to me,water tends to droplet/runoff so splash burn is normally little circles,theres some quite large patches in there that wouldnt be just splash burn.

also remember led grows tend to need more calcium than bulbs grows,so something else for your list.

but as with everything tinterweb,only real way of sussing it is to be there,know everything about your grow etc etc.

if i get leaves that are unrepairable/murdered, i just nip them off or fold them out of sight.haha.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (16-09-18), GEORGE (14-09-18), _teapot_ (14-09-18)

Thanks

Awesome thanks again guys. Yes they’ve been dark again so plain water, there had Minoan lowest dose nutes for maybe 2 feeds so possibly the fact I’m using canna terra soil over biobizz light as I have in the past..?

They’ve had a good trim since and are starting to look like they could do with some cal mag so that’s going in tonight.

Legends. Like what was said it’s cool just having a group of like minded people together. Awesome community 👌

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _teapot_ For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-09-18), ggotch (14-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Talking

Check all the tips of your leaves. This doesn't look much like Light burn to me, more like a tad over feed.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (16-09-18), ggotch (16-09-18), _teapot_ (15-09-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    Check all the tips of your leaves. This doesn't look much like Light burn to me, more like a tad over feed.
    It’s blowing my mind as they’ve had pretty much no feed, could it just be the soil?

One out of the 4 had a dose of magne cal today but all are in plain water other than that

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _teapot_ For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-09-18), ggotch (16-09-18)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2