Thread: New fan or silencer?

Thanks

Default New fan or silencer?

Hi all looking for a little advice on what to buy a silencer or a new fan? I have a fan working fine but a touch loud (can hear though my front door) so i am looking to reduce the noise of it more so thinking of plants when they go into flower running this on full withh be impossible for me so choices are a new fan vivosun is what i was looking at or a sliencer on either side of the fan i don't know which one is best hopefully someone used the fan i seen and has a real review

No Links!

Thanks in advance

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by M_C; 01-09-18 at 02:37 PM. Reason: link removal

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kevo887 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-09-18), MonsterEnergy (01-09-18)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,392 Times

buying a new fan won't reduce the noise,
    a silencer and/or acoustic ducting can help as well,

a link 4u
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...lent-rvk-guide

silent rvk guide

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

Gaz (09-09-18), GEORGE (01-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

Theres a couple options I can suggest as I'm trying to make my grow as silent as possible too. 1st thing is confirm the noise is generated by the fan and not the airflow. If so, build/buy a box to house the fan and cut holes for the vents. Then stuff insulation or a cut up duvet or something around it. Personally I did that before discovering most of the noise generated came from the air flowing both through the filter and the ducting. Aqoustic or phonotrap are the best options imo. Phonotrap is less messy to cut. I plan on boxing in my ducting between the fan and wall vent but last and seemingly impossible task is quiting the cf.

I plan on using 4 to 5 inch reducers on my 4 inch fan with 5 inch ducting to slow the air a bit since my tent's tiny. Hear that'll help.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

Gaz (09-09-18), GEORGE (09-09-18)

Thanks

I would look into 3 / 5 step fan controller , Ive just ordered one , amazing how quite they make fans

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrEnigma For This Useful Post:

Gaz (09-09-18), GEORGE (09-09-18)