Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: First grow, flowering week4, leaf tips brown, curling, buds not getting bigger

Thanks

Default First grow, flowering week4, leaf tips brown, curling, buds not getting bigger

Hey guys, I'm new to growing. Started my plants from seeds having no clue what I was doing. I started with crappy soil and no nutrients. Just started giving Fox Farm nutrients last week when my plants weren't looking too healthy. Transplanted to 5 gallon buckets and switched to Happy Farm soil with perlite. They're under one 600watt LED light in a closet that I lined with reflective material.

The tips of the leaves are turning brown, and some of the lower leaves are curling and look straight up dead. The buds haven't seemed to grow for the last week or so, and I noticed today that the tips of some of the white hairs on the buds are turning brown, too.

I've got them growing in a closet that I keep open with fans on during the day. At night I have to close the door to keep it light-tight, but I keep the fans on so the air is always moving. I'm using tap water since I can't afford an RO system right now, and I just started Ph testing it. I keep it around 6.5, but the runoff is WAY higher.

Any suggestions? I'm totally lost and sad that my plants aren't going to make it, or at the very least won't produce much of anything.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CannaQueen For This Useful Post:

G' (02-09-18), Gaz (01-09-18), GEORGE (01-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,510 Times

Are they photo or autos ?
    How much nutes did you feed em ?

Sounds like nute burn fron either the new soil or the nutes or both ? Im not experienced at all though so wait for the one of the experts to chime in. For now dont feed any nutes and just give em water until you can get some answers.

Get up to 10 posts and upload some pics (pics need to be under 2mb). The guys here will need to see pictures to be able to help. Good luck

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

CannaQueen (01-09-18), G' (02-09-18), GEORGE (01-09-18), Herbitual (01-09-18)

Thanks

Default First grow, flowering week4, leaf tips brown, curling, buds not getting bigger

Hey guys, I'm new to growing. Started my plants from seeds having no clue what I was doing. I started with crappy soil and no nutrients. Just started giving Fox Farm nutrients last week when my plants weren't looking too healthy. Transplanted to 5 gallon buckets and switched to Happy Farm soil with perlite. They're under one 600watt LED light in a closet that I lined with reflective material.

The tips of the leaves are turning brown, and some of the lower leaves are curling and look straight up dead. The buds haven't seemed to grow for the last week or so, and I noticed today that the tips of some of the white hairs on the buds are turning brown, too.

I've got them growing in a closet that I keep open with fans on during the day. At night I have to close the door to keep it light-tight, but I keep the fans on so the air is always moving. I'm using tap water since I can't afford an RO system right now, and I just started Ph testing it. I keep it around 6.5, but the runoff is WAY higher.

Any suggestions? I'm totally lost and sad that my plants aren't going to make it, or at the very least won't produce much of anything.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	raw (2).jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	365284Click image for larger version. 

Name:	raw (3).jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	365285Click image for larger version. 

Name:	raw (4).jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	365286Click image for larger version. 

Name:	raw.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	365287

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CannaQueen For This Useful Post:

G' (02-09-18), GEORGE (01-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,286 Times

Not a great deal can be done without pictures.
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/signaturepics/sigpic82640_3.gif

Neckbeard, cute dog, pansy-ass fuck* pursuing herb immunity since 1966

*TM. HazyClouds (RIP)

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm struggling to figure even this forum out. I just added some pictures, hope this helps. Thanks!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CannaQueen For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I started with half the recommended nutes on the Fox Farm chart. They're not auto flowering, and I was seeing these issues prior to beginning the nutes. From what I've read it does sound like nutrient burn, but I hadn't added any nutes when they started showing signs of issues. I just want healthy plants! Grrr!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CannaQueen For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Did they start showing issues before or after transplanting them to the happy farm soil ? How close are they to your LED ?
    Also natural light pictures are needed really for these kind of things.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

CannaQueen (01-09-18), G' (02-09-18), GEORGE (01-09-18)

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	raw (5).jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	365288Click image for larger version. 

Name:	raw.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	365289
    They definitely showed signs before transplanting, that's why I switched them out. Thought it could be the crappy soil and lack of nutrients, and they had definitely outgrown the two gallon pots. Lights are about 20 inches away from the plants, which is lowered from about 40 inches.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CannaQueen For This Useful Post:

Thanks

They look over fed to me, could be from the soil being hot (too many nutrients). Im a noob so Im not really the best person to help you but I try and help where I can with my somewhat limited knowledge. Deffo dont give em any more nutes of any kind. The light distance is probably ok. Im hoping one of the pro growers will chime in and help out. They may need a flush but Im not the person to say thaf either way. Fingers crossed someone has some better answers for you

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

CannaQueen (01-09-18), G' (02-09-18), GEORGE (01-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,286 Times

Can you post a picture of the whole plant, lights off, door open?

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

CannaQueen (01-09-18), G' (02-09-18), Gaz (01-09-18), GEORGE (01-09-18)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast