Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo87 View Post
    no i dont filter my intake
    id do that from now on it all adds up as preventative mesures

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DreddFoxx For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-09-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DreddFoxx View Post
    id do that from now on it all adds up as preventative mesures

thanks for advice will sort that tomorrow as i have a spare anyway..

am i likly to see more on other plants or do you think i may of caught it in time im so worried it will effect rest of my garden

Thanks

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gizmo87 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-09-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    nothin worse than binnin buds maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

anyfin past 50% wens theres buddage puts your crop at risk mukka.
    I've just received a cheap £3.00 Hydrometer from eBay its reading 62% So if you're in flower i'm setting myself up for budrot?
    Last edited by talk; 04-09-18 at 01:07 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to talk For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-09-18), Ironman (04-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

Quote Originally Posted by talk View Post
    I've just received a cheap £3.00 Hydrometer from eBay its reading 62% So if you're in flower i'm setting myself up for budrot?
    You need to get that down mate. 55% is the absolute max during flower. You'll need a dehumidifier to get it down. In the mean time make sure you have good air circulation.

Did you put the probe in with the buds or did you read th RH from elsewhere?

Sent from ⚒Thames Iron Works⚒

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,510 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    You need to get that down mate. 55% is the absolute max during flower. You'll need a dehumidifier to get it down. In the mean time make sure you have good air circulation.

Whats the minimum RH for flower Ironman ?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-09-18), Ironman (04-09-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Whats the minimum RH for flower Ironman ?
    Now there's a question lol. Very much debated tbh. Most experienced growers aim for around 40% during flower. Imo that's for a few reasons. 1, to get the plants to drink as much from the medium as possible rather than via the leaves due to high RH. 2 to help reduce the risk of bacteria growing(budrot), arid dry temps kill lots of bacteria.

The latest discussion is about how high or low RH effects the trichome production. Many people say lower humidity creates stronger and fuller trichomes but it's very hard to prove either way.

I've had low 20'sRH in flower before but I couldn't tell you if that had an effect on trichome production because of all the other elements to factor in as well

For me, 40% is the sweet spot but 10% either way is not an issue. Over 50% and up to 55% I'd be concerned but with good air circulation that should be ok. Over 55% and I'd be shitting bricks😉

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

Gaz (04-09-18), GEORGE (04-09-18), talk (04-09-18), WhIpLaSh (04-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,510 Times

Now there's a question lol. Very much debated tbh. Most experienced growers aim for around 40% during flower. Imo that's for a few reasons. 1, to get the plants to drink as much from the medium as possible rather than via the leaves due to high RH. 2 to help reduce the risk of bacteria growing(budrot), arid dry temps kill lots of bacteria.

The latest discussion is about how high or low RH effects the trichome production. Many people say lower humidity creates stronger and fuller trichomes but it's very hard to prove either way.

I've had low 20'sRH in flower before but I couldn't tell you if that had an effect on trichome production because of all the other elements to factor in as well

For me, 40% is the sweet spot but 10% either way is not an issue. Over 50% and up to 55% I'd be concerned but with good air circulation that should be ok. Over 55% and I'd be shitting bricks��

Aaa ok lol thanks for the reply mate ! Good to know as I have an suspicion that when I put my dehumidifer in I could end up with quite low RH but I dont want to risk high RH !!!!. I doubt it will drop below 20 so thats reassuring thanks mate.

Oh and shitting bricks

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-09-18), Ironman (04-09-18), UpT0wn (04-09-18)

Thanks

Its Thermo and Hydro DC102 that i ordered after reading a post on here saying you can buy them, its from China about a week to arrive.

28c/62% no fan

25.6c/49% with fan

I turn the fan off on a night although i've been told to keep it running but had bad results makes plant droop. I would assume humidity might go a bit wild then with light off? I'll put a few pictures up later this evening. Thanks, got it, under 55%. Now under 55% Fan Air circulation.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to talk For This Useful Post:

Gaz (04-09-18), GEORGE (04-09-18), Ironman (04-09-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by talk View Post
    Its Thermo and Hydro DC102 that i ordered after reading a post on here saying you can buy them, its from China about a week to arrive.

28c/62% no fan

25.6c/49% with fan

I turn the fan off on a night although i've been told to keep it running but had bad results makes plant droop. I would assume humidity might go a bit wild then with light off? I'll put a few pictures up later this evening. Thanks, got it, under 55%. Now under 55% Fan Air circulation.
    Best thing to do until the dehumidifier arrives is to have your fans running 24 hours and add a heater/oil rad to come on when lights go out.

Sounds like your lights turn off and the drop in temp will raise the humidity over 62%. The dropping is probably down to the cold temps when lights are off. Adding a heater for lights off will raise temps giving you a lower RH and stop the droop.

Even if your temps go up to 30/31 lights off its better than budrot.

I started using LEDs recently and I had lights on at night and lights off during the day. Lights on temps 27/28, lights off temps 29/30. Even if it's warmer at the plants night time it's still better than high RH.😉

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

Gaz (04-09-18), GEORGE (04-09-18), Subterranean Man (04-09-18), talk (04-09-18)

Thanks

Best thing to do until the dehumidifier arrives is to have your fans running 24 hours and add a heater/oil rad to come on when lights go out.

Sounds like your lights turn off and the drop in temp will raise the humidity over 62%. The dropping is probably down to the cold temps when lights are off. Adding a heater for lights off will raise temps giving you a lower RH and stop the droop.

Even if your temps go up to 30/31 lights off its better than budrot.

I started using LEDs recently and I had lights on at night and lights off during the day. Lights on temps 27/28, lights off temps 29/30. Even if it's warmer at the plants night time it's still better than high RH.

Humidity is clocking in at a whooping 79% now. I won't be going down the dehumidifier route or heater. I'm just hoping i won't get it, what am i looking out for regarding budrot? I know i have Thrips.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to talk For This Useful Post:

Gaz (04-09-18), GEORGE (04-09-18)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast