Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trouble in flower

Thanks

I am far from an expert. But this looks like it coud be lockout based deficiency to me, which means if you feed more you will increase the deficiency rather than decrease it, so i would tread carefully. Too much nitrogen and/or phosphorus will lock out the micro nutes like mg, ca, zinc, etc, causing micro nutrient deficiency. I see some slight burning of the tips of the green leaves which may support an overfeeding w/lock out hypothesis. Folair feeding will get the leaves these nutrients bypassing the root lockout and soil ph issues. Either way id find a good micronutrient foilar feed to slow the decline and maybe consider flushing or leaching.

I Don’t know anything about that soil. How hot is it? Where are you loosing the most leaves? Bottom of plant, middle of plant, deep fan leaves, perimeter fan leaves, etc? And 6.3 going in, is that before feed is added? That biobizz will drop your pH a couple more decimal points... odd its coming out at higher than going in though... how are you measuring your pH?

Hard or soft water?
    Last edited by Solis Altilis; 06-09-18 at 02:46 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Solis Altilis For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (06-09-18), G' (05-10-18), GEORGE (06-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,767 Times

I'm sorry to add to the noise. But I should put your mind at ease. They look fine. Yellowing during flower especially late flower is normal. To be expected. The plant is just prioritizing. The top, bud bearing areas get the N, its sucking nitrogen from the lower leaves and using it where it matters. That's what I'm seeing anyways. And quite honestly you might want to lay off the N a tad as your tops do look quite dark. But it could be the light tbf.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corneu For This Useful Post:

G' (05-10-18), GEORGE (10-09-18)

Thanks

I fully get what you're saying and this process of yellowing does happen but, not to freak out the OP any further, it's day 22 of flower. So he's in his 4th week. In my experience, yellowing occurs near the end of the plants life. Which is around week 7-9 depending on flowering times. I've only grown 3 times but the problem he has has never occurred to me. Which is why I'm leaning on a lockout. I would leave it for a couple of days and if the yellowing starts to occur near the upper foliage, I would flush

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to th4k1ng For This Useful Post:

G' (05-10-18), GEORGE (05-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Have you check your Soil PH? It needs to be, in the middle (7), or you may be causing lock out like mintion above. JMO

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

i only do autos in soil and also as organic as i can get .bear in mind i know very little of salt based grows so might be up wrong tree.

tbh im still unsure after reading all this wether you have been watering and getting lots of runoff,in order to measure runoff.

it appears you have been flushing all the good stuff out of the soil for some reason we dont know about.?,then measuring stuff and ph'ing etc etc.then feeding nutes again,the patches of yellow showing like a sawn trees rings show what was happening at any particular date(i know what i mean anyway)

i only ever water till i dribble from bottom(so i know its reached bottom),theres never enough to "measure" ,measuring runoff from your soil is meaningless,other mediums probably is a thing but all thats really happening in soil is you are washing out everything alive thats been forming in the soil,basically turning the soil inert,the various patches of different hues that we see on the plant will be pockets of goodness being found by the roots,or not.

yellowing is normal during bloom,just the plant pulling what it needs from a closer point than the roots,ie needs it "right now/cant wait/theres none in the soil",however normal discolouration normally happens down low climbing up as time goes on,it all looks too patchy for that to me,seems more likely a result of the watering to lots of runoff which is much the same as flushing if done daily.

seems a case of take something simple and make it complicated to me,no flushing,no ph'ing,plenty of light,fresh air,a sorted enviroment and only light strength feeds,soil isnt a dead medium,it doesnt need forcing or clever tricks or even measuring stuff apart from nutes.

not much help now i realise,but in soil keep it simple,keep it regular keep it minimal is my motto and for me this works fine.

atb n good luck chap,its not end of the world just part of learning.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

Corneu (05-10-18), GEORGE (05-10-18), Greengrass (05-10-18), Herbitual (05-10-18), Wags (07-10-18), xHades4 (21-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,767 Times

Quote Originally Posted by ggotch View Post
    i only do autos in soil and also as organic as i can get .bear in mind i know very little of salt based grows so might be up wrong tree.

tbh im still unsure after reading all this wether you have been watering and getting lots of runoff,in order to measure runoff.

it appears you have been flushing all the good stuff out of the soil for some reason we dont know about.?,then measuring stuff and ph'ing etc etc.then feeding nutes again,the patches of yellow showing like a sawn trees rings show what was happening at any particular date(i know what i mean anyway)

i only ever water till i dribble from bottom(so i know its reached bottom),theres never enough to "measure" ,measuring runoff from your soil is meaningless,other mediums probably is a thing but all thats really happening in soil is you are washing out everything alive thats been forming in the soil,basically turning the soil inert,the various patches of different hues that we see on the plant will be pockets of goodness being found by the roots,or not.

yellowing is normal during bloom,just the plant pulling what it needs from a closer point than the roots,ie needs it "right now/cant wait/theres none in the soil",however normal discolouration normally happens down low climbing up as time goes on,it all looks too patchy for that to me,seems more likely a result of the watering to lots of runoff which is much the same as flushing if done daily.

seems a case of take something simple and make it complicated to me,no flushing,no ph'ing,plenty of light,fresh air,a sorted enviroment and only light strength feeds,soil isnt a dead medium,it doesnt need forcing or clever tricks or even measuring stuff apart from nutes.

not much help now i realise,but in soil keep it simple,keep it regular keep it minimal is my motto and for me this works fine.

atb n good luck chap,its not end of the world just part of learning.
    Damn Ggotch, good read aha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corneu For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-10-18), ggotch (05-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

yeah sorry,i have rushs of brain action n get carried away..

have re-read it n will also add that i dont dribble from my bottom..though old age does enjoy giving me new surprises now n then .

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-10-18), Wags (07-10-18)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2