Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bright spots on leaves, yellow tips what kind of deficiency is this?

Thanks

Default Bright spots on leaves, yellow tips what kind of deficiency is this?

Hi All,

as you can see in the picture, the leaves on this plant have bright spots and the tips are starting to turn yellow. After some googling I thought it might be a magnesium deficiency so mixed some CalMag into the usual nutrients. So for no change. Could it be something else? I'm growing in normal soil.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180903_094022.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	365483

Name:	IMG_20180903_094030.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	365484

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redear For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (06-09-18), CityDweller (06-09-18), GEORGE (06-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,614 Times

What nutrients/how much are you feeding her and what kind of schedule? Dont know if it's just the light but she does look a little pale.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kurdt For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (06-09-18), CityDweller (06-09-18), GEORGE (06-09-18), redear (06-09-18)

Thanks

Plagron Terra Grow according to their instructions. I.e. 5ml/l every time I water them.

Made another picture with better lighting. It's actually getting worse. Some of the leaves have brown spots now.

Name:	IMG_20180906_101035.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	365513
    Last edited by redear; 06-09-18 at 10:22 AM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redear For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (06-09-18), CityDweller (06-09-18), GEORGE (06-09-18)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

5ml feed is rather strong especially in veg, the only time i ever get too 5ml feed is in mid/late flower,
    over feeding can cause lockout of nutrients - might wanna flush the soil of any salts and built up nutrients

then feed at a reduced rate - 2.5ml per liter or so, in soil less feeding is better than over feeding
    jmo

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (06-09-18), GEORGE (07-09-18), Kurdt (06-09-18), redear (07-09-18)

Thanks

Thanks, I'll try that. Any idea how long it typically takes for the plants to recover from a lockout?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to redear For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,767 Times

Let me take a crack at this lol. First what's your ph going in. There are people out there that say ph in soil doesnt matter, I say they're crazy. Ph is always important anyways if it's not ph I do have a theory.

So idk about calcium, but as far as I'm concerned the only nutrient deficiency this could be is magnesium. And if a magnesium supplement didnt work it has to be 1 of 2 things. Too much P or K (your feed is low in P so I wouldn't worry about that one) or high PH. The reason I say this is because too much P or K can hinder the uptake of calcium, magnesium, iron, and zinc. Also too much K will acidify the root zone which could cause similar issues. But plagron is a 3-1-3 fert so if you have K excess I'd imagine you'd have N excess as well, which you don't. Unless that strain is K sensitive.

So in short you're either overfeeding or have a ph problem. Give her a flush with Ph'd water. 6.2-6.6 in soil idk what it is for hydro, I know it's about a full point lower. After the flush, drop down to 2.5 or 3ml per liter with the plagron and keep feeding the calmag at half or 1/4 strength to be safe.

That's just what I would do, hopefully my input helps some

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corneu For This Useful Post:

cannabisphilanthropist (12-09-18), GEORGE (10-09-18), Valentina (12-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

Are organic or chem feeding? makes a difference. Either way at this time that plant (which has been fed yeah?) is looking locked out. which plagron soil, batmix, growmix, royal mix etc. If its plagron light then you have a massively hungry plant. if its any of the others the soil needs to grow the plant for a few weeks to 4 maybe before adding nutes. let me know what feeds you've done, how old the plant is, what size pot, light etc, how long in that pot. theres a chance of getting this fixed. oh what strain is it?
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,576 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Corneu View Post
    Let me take a crack at this lol. First what's your ph going in. There are people out there that say ph in soil doesnt matter, I say they're crazy. Ph is always important anyways if it's not ph I do have a theory.

So idk about calcium, but as far as I'm concerned the only nutrient deficiency this could be is magnesium. And if a magnesium supplement didnt work it has to be 1 of 2 things. Too much P or K (your feed is low in P so I wouldn't worry about that one) or high PH. The reason I say this is because too much P or K can hinder the uptake of calcium, magnesium, iron, and zinc. Also too much K will acidify the root zone which could cause similar issues. But plagron is a 3-1-3 fert so if you have K excess I'd imagine you'd have N excess as well, which you don't. Unless that strain is K sensitive.

So in short you're either overfeeding or have a ph problem. Give her a flush with Ph'd water. 6.2-6.6 in soil idk what it is for hydro, I know it's about a full point lower. After the flush, drop down to 2.5 or 3ml per liter with the plagron and keep feeding the calmag at half or 1/4 strength to be safe.

That's just what I would do, hopefully my input helps some

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
    id say its overfeeding because u can see the burnt tips in the pics.

When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

2018 Outdoor extravaganza https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...r-extravaganza

2017 outdoor guerilla grow https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...tdoor-escapade

2016 guerilla grow finished https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...adventure-2016

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kyg For This Useful Post:

cannabisphilanthropist (12-09-18), GEORGE (12-09-18)

Thanks

you're feeding too much,,don't go by the packages recommended amount..(its intended to make u use it as fast as possible)

go about half amount recommended every other feeding...and plain water on the other feedings..

cut off any yellowing leaves because insects are attracted to yellow because they know its weak.

and i'd also do a flush just to get rid of the salt buildup from the overfeeding..

you can bring them back easily,plants respond pretty fast,,just be patient because it doesn't happen before your eyes.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to cannabisphilanthropist For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

Quote Originally Posted by redear View Post
    Plagron Terra Grow according to their instructions. I.e. 5ml/l every time I water them.

Made another picture with better lighting. It's actually getting worse. Some of the leaves have brown spots now.

Name:	IMG_20180906_101035.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	365513
    Hmmmm if i'd seen this about 5ml every water then i'd still stick by locked out. that plant looks hungry of npk in general....when feeding copious and the plant not responding generally means "locked out".....bashing too many chemicals into it will just turn the ph acidic due to salt build up where the plant is not using it. imo a burnt plant starts with tip burn, not a across the board stripped of nutrient look. I would also expect to see (with loaded compost being fed high amounts) a dark green hue to it and maybe even tip claw. I think there may be several things going on.

But as been said flush the bugger out. Oh a note on organic vs chem feeding....if you start organic and rely on a healthy population of micro org's and then start chucking non org or acids in then the ph will most likely go wonky.

just do what the lads have said already and flush it out OP its the only way.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

cannabisphilanthropist (14-09-18), GEORGE (14-09-18)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast