Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Bright spots on leaves, yellow tips what kind of deficiency is this?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 7 Times in 3 Posts

    Default Bright spots on leaves, yellow tips what kind of deficiency is this?

    Hi All,

    as you can see in the picture, the leaves on this plant have bright spots and the tips are starting to turn yellow. After some googling I thought it might be a magnesium deficiency so mixed some CalMag into the usual nutrients. So for no change. Could it be something else? I'm growing in normal soil.


    IMG_20180903_094022.jpg
    IMG_20180903_094030.jpg

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redear For This Useful Post:

    Ben.g (06-09-18), CityDweller (06-09-18), hotshot (06-09-18)

  3. #2

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    361
    Thanks
    721
    Thanked 973 Times in 349 Posts

    Default

    What nutrients/how much are you feeding her and what kind of schedule? Dont know if it's just the light but she does look a little pale.

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kurdt For This Useful Post:

    Ben.g (06-09-18), CityDweller (06-09-18), hotshot (06-09-18), redear (06-09-18)

  5. #3

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 7 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Plagron Terra Grow according to their instructions. I.e. 5ml/l every time I water them.

    Made another picture with better lighting. It's actually getting worse. Some of the leaves have brown spots now.

    IMG_20180906_101035.jpg
    Last edited by redear; 06-09-18 at 09:22 AM.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redear For This Useful Post:

    Ben.g (06-09-18), CityDweller (06-09-18), hotshot (06-09-18)

  7. #4
    Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Mare Nubium
    Posts
    3,046
    Thanks
    11,607
    Thanked 8,557 Times in 2,802 Posts

    Default

    5ml feed is rather strong especially in veg, the only time i ever get too 5ml feed is in mid/late flower,
    over feeding can cause lockout of nutrients - might wanna flush the soil of any salts and built up nutrients

    then feed at a reduced rate - 2.5ml per liter or so, in soil less feeding is better than over feeding
    jmo




  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

    Ben.g (06-09-18), hotshot (07-09-18), Kurdt (06-09-18), redear (07-09-18)

  9. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 7 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Thanks, I'll try that. Any idea how long it typically takes for the plants to recover from a lockout?

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to redear For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (07-09-18)

  11. #6

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    631
    Thanks
    160
    Thanked 1,602 Times in 611 Posts

    Default

    Let me take a crack at this lol. First what's your ph going in. There are people out there that say ph in soil doesnt matter, I say they're crazy. Ph is always important anyways if it's not ph I do have a theory.

    So idk about calcium, but as far as I'm concerned the only nutrient deficiency this could be is magnesium. And if a magnesium supplement didnt work it has to be 1 of 2 things. Too much P or K (your feed is low in P so I wouldn't worry about that one) or high PH. The reason I say this is because too much P or K can hinder the uptake of calcium, magnesium, iron, and zinc. Also too much K will acidify the root zone which could cause similar issues. But plagron is a 3-1-3 fert so if you have K excess I'd imagine you'd have N excess as well, which you don't. Unless that strain is K sensitive.

    So in short you're either overfeeding or have a ph problem. Give her a flush with Ph'd water. 6.2-6.6 in soil idk what it is for hydro, I know it's about a full point lower. After the flush, drop down to 2.5 or 3ml per liter with the plagron and keep feeding the calmag at half or 1/4 strength to be safe.

    That's just what I would do, hopefully my input helps some



    Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the read, now go smoke some weed

    Check out The God Bud Growroom

    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...2&share_type=t

    Corneu's Kush Clone

    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...2&share_type=t

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corneu For This Useful Post:

    cannabisphilanthropist (12-09-18), hotshot (10-09-18), Valentina (12-09-18)

  13. #7

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Never Eat Shredded Wheat
    Posts
    4,502
    Thanks
    4,763
    Thanked 3,227 Times in 1,646 Posts

    Default

    Are organic or chem feeding? makes a difference. Either way at this time that plant (which has been fed yeah?) is looking locked out. which plagron soil, batmix, growmix, royal mix etc. If its plagron light then you have a massively hungry plant. if its any of the others the soil needs to grow the plant for a few weeks to 4 maybe before adding nutes. let me know what feeds you've done, how old the plant is, what size pot, light etc, how long in that pot. theres a chance of getting this fixed. oh what strain is it?
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

    Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

    Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

    BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (12-09-18)

  15. #8

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    WinterFell
    Posts
    5,021
    Thanks
    1,965
    Thanked 8,721 Times in 3,624 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corneu View Post
    Let me take a crack at this lol. First what's your ph going in. There are people out there that say ph in soil doesnt matter, I say they're crazy. Ph is always important anyways if it's not ph I do have a theory.

    So idk about calcium, but as far as I'm concerned the only nutrient deficiency this could be is magnesium. And if a magnesium supplement didnt work it has to be 1 of 2 things. Too much P or K (your feed is low in P so I wouldn't worry about that one) or high PH. The reason I say this is because too much P or K can hinder the uptake of calcium, magnesium, iron, and zinc. Also too much K will acidify the root zone which could cause similar issues. But plagron is a 3-1-3 fert so if you have K excess I'd imagine you'd have N excess as well, which you don't. Unless that strain is K sensitive.

    So in short you're either overfeeding or have a ph problem. Give her a flush with Ph'd water. 6.2-6.6 in soil idk what it is for hydro, I know it's about a full point lower. After the flush, drop down to 2.5 or 3ml per liter with the plagron and keep feeding the calmag at half or 1/4 strength to be safe.

    That's just what I would do, hopefully my input helps some



    Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
    id say its overfeeding because u can see the burnt tips in the pics.

    When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.


    2018 Outdoor extravaganza http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...r-extravaganza

    2017 outdoor guerilla grow http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...tdoor-escapade

    2016 guerilla grow finished http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...adventure-2016

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kyg For This Useful Post:

    cannabisphilanthropist (12-09-18), hotshot (12-09-18)

  17. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    pon de east
    Posts
    90
    Thanks
    145
    Thanked 291 Times in 90 Posts

    Default

    you're feeding too much,,don't go by the packages recommended amount..(its intended to make u use it as fast as possible)

    go about half amount recommended every other feeding...and plain water on the other feedings..

    cut off any yellowing leaves because insects are attracted to yellow because they know its weak.

    and i'd also do a flush just to get rid of the salt buildup from the overfeeding..

    you can bring them back easily,plants respond pretty fast,,just be patient because it doesn't happen before your eyes.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to cannabisphilanthropist For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (12-09-18)

  19. #10

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Never Eat Shredded Wheat
    Posts
    4,502
    Thanks
    4,763
    Thanked 3,227 Times in 1,646 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redear View Post
    Plagron Terra Grow according to their instructions. I.e. 5ml/l every time I water them.

    Made another picture with better lighting. It's actually getting worse. Some of the leaves have brown spots now.

    IMG_20180906_101035.jpg
    Hmmmm if i'd seen this about 5ml every water then i'd still stick by locked out. that plant looks hungry of npk in general....when feeding copious and the plant not responding generally means "locked out".....bashing too many chemicals into it will just turn the ph acidic due to salt build up where the plant is not using it. imo a burnt plant starts with tip burn, not a across the board stripped of nutrient look. I would also expect to see (with loaded compost being fed high amounts) a dark green hue to it and maybe even tip claw. I think there may be several things going on.

    But as been said flush the bugger out. Oh a note on organic vs chem feeding....if you start organic and rely on a healthy population of micro org's and then start chucking non org or acids in then the ph will most likely go wonky.

    just do what the lads have said already and flush it out OP its the only way.

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

    cannabisphilanthropist (14-09-18), hotshot (14-09-18)

  21. #11

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    shenzhen, China
    Posts
    2,453
    Thanks
    1,161
    Thanked 2,079 Times in 1,266 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cannabisphilanthropist View Post
    you're feeding too much,,don't go by the packages recommended amount..(its intended to make u use it as fast as possible)

    go about half amount recommended every other feeding...and plain water on the other feedings..

    cut off any yellowing leaves because insects are attracted to yellow because they know its weak.

    and i'd also do a flush just to get rid of the salt buildup from the overfeeding..

    you can bring them back easily,plants respond pretty fast,,just be patient because it doesn't happen before your eyes.
    Agreed.

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmokeSara For This Useful Post:

    cannabisphilanthropist (14-09-18), hotshot (14-09-18)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quebec Cannabis Seeds

Bonza Seeds - Over 2000 Strains!     |     bongs - herbtools     |     25% off Cannabis Seeds at Dr Chronic     |     buy a bong from Herb Tools     |     GYO Seedbank     |     Buy Cannabis Seeds     |     www.alibongocannabisseeds.co.uk

THCtalk.com Disclaimer - You must be over 18 years old to view/use this site .THCtalk.com does not encourage growing Cannabis or possessing Cannabis. Learning how to grow Cannabis instructions should be for educational purposes only. All Information contained in this web site is for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and Educational purposes only. Visitors to this website are advised against breaking the law as It is illegal to smoke, grow, or possess cannabis in the UK