Thread: Do i need two holes or one... ;)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

Default Do i need two holes or one... ;)

So I have a new workshop/shed in the garden. the room's 6ft x 9ft so I'm putting a floating worktop, 6ft x 3ft along the back 6ft wall. Underneath will be my 3x3x2 tent on the right, fan box for intake and extract fans, then I'm going to encase the venting extracting out the left side of the back wall.

In front of all that will be locked cupboards, and a shelf with my noisy pc on it in front of the vents on the left.

I'm now wondering if I definitely need to fit two vents. space is tight so exploring options.

The way I see it intake from outside's pretty important but I've seen people extracting into their houses for warmth, which would suit the workshop really as there's no wall insulation or built in heating.

Only issue would be in the hot summers like the one just been... no idea if the workshop will get hot. it has insulation in the floor and roof. Might squeeze a sheet behind the tent if anyone thinks that's worth doing?

Temps are currently 28D/23N degrees with the tent being indoors in a room about 20 degrees.

The other consideration is noise. Can't do much about the CF racket, but the whoosh as air leaves the vent would be a lot stealthier (from inside the room) if it was running outside right?

Any thoughts gratefully appreciated

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

AND (08-09-18), gardro (08-09-18), GEORGE (09-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Silkadin View Post
    So I have a new workshop/shed in the garden. the room's 6ft x 9ft so I'm putting a floating worktop, 6ft x 3ft along the back 6ft wall. Underneath will be my 3x3x2 tent on the right, fan box for intake and extract fans, then I'm going to encase the venting extracting out the left side of the back wall.

In front of all that will be locked cupboards, and a shelf with my noisy pc on it in front of the vents on the left.

I'm now wondering if I definitely need to fit two vents. space is tight so exploring options.

The way I see it intake from outside's pretty important but I've seen people extracting into their houses for warmth, which would suit the workshop really as there's no wall insulation or built in heating.

Only issue would be in the hot summers like the one just been... no idea if the workshop will get hot. it has insulation in the floor and roof. Might squeeze a sheet behind the tent if anyone thinks that's worth doing?

Temps are currently 28D/23N degrees with the tent being indoors in a room about 20 degrees.

The other consideration is noise. Can't do much about the CF racket, but the whoosh as air leaves the vent would be a lot stealthier (from inside the room) if it was running outside right?

Any thoughts gratefully appreciated
    I tried extracting into my garage mate. It was ok for a while until one day i looked up at the ceiling and saw mold spots every where. Walls everything. All the water you feed gotta go somewhere, get it outside mate

🔆🔆https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1070817743

Gardro's coco grow mentored by joker the smoker

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

AND (08-09-18), GEORGE (09-09-18), Silkadin (09-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Problem is the exhaust is not only warm but moist, if you vent inside you run the risk of damp/mold which could have other implications. If you have a steady air current in the workshop, it maybe ok but that moisture needs to go somewhere vented really

edit : Gardro beat me to it

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

gardro (08-09-18), GEORGE (09-09-18), Silkadin (09-09-18), UpT0wn (08-09-18)

Thanks

I knew there must've been a good reason for it, thanks gents, much appreciated.

On the topic of moisture, how effective can dehumidifiers be when our fans are replacing the air so often? Where would be the best placement... as high as poss or down near the intake? Or neither? Lol. My rh jumped up to 73 today during lights out : /
    Put the humidifier in when the lights came on and after a few hours it's back in the 50s and refusing to go lower.

Waiting for the next lights out so I can see if the lights caused the drop or if the dehumidifier will keep rh down during lights out.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

AND (09-09-18), GEORGE (09-09-18)

Thanks

Lights out will have caused the drop, as the air is warm with lights on therefore less moisture. Moist air is heavier than dry air so bottom will be best for dehumidifier

Don't forget also, dehumidifier generates heat, so keep an eye on temp

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

Gaz (09-09-18), GEORGE (09-09-18), Silkadin (09-09-18)

Thanks

Just checked on em 2 mins before lights out. Temps at 28 degrees if I'm reading from the right place... have hygrometer hanging at the sides of the plants but not in direct light). Humidity was 52.

Will see how it coped with the dark period at 5pm. Will cry if my buds end up rotting lol

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

AND (09-09-18), Gaz (09-09-18), GEORGE (09-09-18)

Thanks

I run at 50% RHD in flower and no rot yet

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

Gaz (09-09-18), Silkadin (10-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,927 Times

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    I run at 50% RHD in flower and no rot yet
    I was running at 55rh as AND told me and had no issues. Good air circulation is key i think. It was just at lights off it would creep up to 65-70 so needed sorting
    Current grow: Cindy jocks & Royal Dwaft

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ery-Auto-Diary

16. The Following User Says Thank You to UpT0wn For This Useful Post:

Silkadin (10-09-18)

Thanks

Twat that I am I'd plugged it into the same extension as the lights lol... didn't realise till they came back on. I'm about to feed them so ill see how it goes. Its def suckling some water out tho... measured about 70mm in the last 24hrs