Thread: CMH Questions

Thanks

Default CMH Questions

I'm going to upgrade my lighting next payday, and I'm told CMH is the way to go. I'm finishing my first grow attempt, and have made a lot of mistakes, but I think I'm starting to figure it out a little better. I've been using crappy LED lights (600w that only pulls 120w) Do I really have to spend $600 to get a good CMH setup for my 2ft x 3ft grow space?

So what do I need to look for when comparing systems? What specs should I look for in the hood and the bulbs? Do I need one or two? Do I need different bulbs for veg and flower? What's the energy cost compared to LED lights?

Any and all info greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CannaQueen For This Useful Post:

G' (09-09-18), geoff jub (09-09-18), GEORGE (09-09-18)

Thanks

hi there cannaqueen im a big fan of the cmh ive found they are great in veg and flower .im currently using a sol sense 315 cmh which can be dimable it can run at 135w,245w,315w and 345w .it comes as a kit, ballast globe and a remote control to change light settings.
    no1 no need to change bulb for veg to flower.
    no2 the bulb supplied will last a fair while ive had mine for 2 years and it hasent even shown signs of giving up.
    no3 yes they are expensive i paid just over $650 aus for my kit

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geoff jub For This Useful Post:

G' (09-09-18), GEORGE (09-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

I use MH for veg and HPS for flower with great results but i have heard these CMH bulbs are really good i suppose it's gonna be down to cost and personal choice, i've also heard good reports on LEDs but there again you have to pay out good money for a decent set up, i have my T5 for seedlings then on to MH for veg and then HPS for flower i'm having excellent results with this set up on my current grow "check it out link is below" which ever way you decide to go i wish you all the best CQ, G'.
    FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FU#@ING FOR VIRGINITY

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

Gaz (09-09-18), GEORGE (09-09-18)