Thread: Seeds from hermied "auto" ...

GreenBalls Guest

Default Seeds from hermied "auto" ...

Hi folks,
    I had a large plant that was supposed to be an auto, (freebie OG Kush from justfeminised) but it didn't autoflower.
    This plant then hermied, not entirely sure whether it's due to stress or genetics.
    Then I had to leave it unwatered for a week, so it died after a month into flowering.

So I've sorted through all the seeds it produced, and I ended up with about 50 seeds that are large, and don't crush when pinched.

I've read mixed opinions on whether it's worth growing these seeds, as they may be prone to going hermy themselves.

But either way I'm interested to know... will these definitely be photoperiod?
    Feels like a dumb question but I'm wondering, if this plant was supposed to be an auto, whether the seeds might still have the autoflowering genes?

Cheers

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenBalls For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-09-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBalls View Post
    Hi folks,
    I had a large plant that was supposed to be an auto, (freebie OG Kush from justfeminised) but it didn't autoflower.
    This plant then hermied, not entirely sure whether it's due to stress or genetics.
    Then I had to leave it unwatered for a week, so it died after a month into flowering.

So I've sorted through all the seeds it produced, and I ended up with about 50 seeds that are large, and don't crush when pinched.

I've read mixed opinions on whether it's worth growing these seeds, as they may be prone to going hermy themselves.

But either way I'm interested to know... will these definitely be photoperiod?
    Feels like a dumb question but I'm wondering, if this plant was supposed to be an auto, whether the seeds might still have the autoflowering genes?

Cheers
    They’re just as likely to carry the hermie genes as the auto gene mate, non of those seeds are worth popping.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-09-18), Loki (10-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 26,716 Times

Seeds produce from a plant that has only been in flower for 4 weeks, 1 of which was not watered will probably be rubbish, seeds need to be nurtured like the flower does, you need to feed the plant as you would if you wanted the bud. Also, they will most likely hermie on you too.

"A word to the wise isn't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

Blue (10-09-18), GEORGE (10-09-18), UpT0wn (10-09-18)

GreenBalls Guest

Good info, thank you. Wish I hadn't wasted all that time now! You live, you learn.
    All the best

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBalls For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-09-18)