Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Question pH and EC of water

Thanks

Default Question pH and EC of water

Hi, pH water testing kit any recommendation on one? pH should be 6.5 right poured into run off tray for roots to sup.

I've read EC - Electrical Conductivity in water?

Thanks

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to talk For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-09-18), millwall115 (10-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times

More information would help mate. What you growing in, soil I presume?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-09-18), millwall115 (10-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,141 Times

If your growing in soil you will not need a ph or ec tester. Always good to have one though. You will only need one if you growing in coco. I only have experience using bluelab. I calibrate mine every week and has been good as gold. You might pay abit extra but if you buy cheap you buy twice.

No one like us we don’t care. #upthelions

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to millwall115 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (10-09-18), GEORGE (10-09-18), Squaggy (11-09-18)

Thanks

I'm using a known Super Soil. I don't want to break any forum rules by sharing the brand. I'm confused now. On the FAQ it states

"The water pH should be the same as any standard grow (between 6 and 7) so that the pH of the soil will be in a similar range (5.8 to 6.8). This range will help ensure that most nutrients are still accessible for plant uptake. Ideally, it is best to run the water through a reverse osmosis (RO) filter. If one is not available, then dechlorinating water by letting tap water sit for 24 hours will suffice. It is best practice to place trays under your pots and water from the bottom to keep the ecosystem alive.

Be careful not to overwater! Investigate the soil to reveal the moisture levels. The ideal situation is to have the soil dry on top but wet three inches deep. It is beneficial to have a thin layer of perlite at the bottom of your pot, as this will help keep from overwatering"

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to talk For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (14-09-18), gardro (11-09-18), GEORGE (10-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

You can share the soil brand name. Just no link to a site selling it.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

gardro (11-09-18), GEORGE (10-09-18), talk (11-09-18)

Thanks

So if my tap water pH is below 6 or over 7. This is going to have negative effect for the plant, correct in the SoHum Soil i'm using? Should i be adjusting pH if its out?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to talk For This Useful Post:

Gaz (11-09-18), GEORGE (11-09-18)

Thanks

your soil should be able to self adjust the ph.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cannabisphilanthropist For This Useful Post:

Gaz (11-09-18), GEORGE (11-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Quote Originally Posted by talk View Post
    So if my tap water pH is below 6 or over 7. This is going to have negative effect for the plant, correct in the SoHum Soil i'm using? Should i be adjusting pH if its out?
    No.
    Not necessary.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

cannabisphilanthropist (11-09-18), talk (11-09-18)

Thanks

Well, i'm not sure whats wrong with it. It's a 60 day flower. Its been in 12/12 for 37 days.. It doesn't look like its going to make the next 23 days. Watering from the bottom, pint a day

18. The Following User Says Thank You to talk For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-09-18)

Thanks

any pics??

the last few weeks of a plants life is when it really starts to pack on the weight...

and if its been stressed at all it can definitely go longer than 60 days...

when a company gives a lifeline,,that lifeline is depended on ideal conditions..

I've had plants that had a 55 day lifeline and ended up being 70 day plants.

also,,don't water every day..let your soil become pretty dry...you don't want to flood your roots,,,u actually want them to stretch to look for food.

once you become familiar with your plants you'll be able to tell if they need water by the weight of the pot.

its quite possible with the timing that you need to do a flush on them anyhow,,maybe they have a salt buildup leaving a lockout for nutes..

if you can post pics,id be able to help more..hope u get it squared away,,,we all know the feeling too well.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cannabisphilanthropist For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (13-09-18), GEORGE (11-09-18), Squaggy (11-09-18), talk (11-09-18)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast