Thread: RDWC Straight tap water ???

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

Default RDWC Straight tap water ???

Hello all I will shortly be switching to RDWC from coco.

I will be running a completely sterile chemical only nutrients setup with no enzymes or beneficials.

My tap water is zero ec, occasionally 0.2 so very soft almost RO quality.

Am I correct in thinking I can just use water (correct temp as in bit from hot tap) straight from the taps WITHOUT dechlorinating overnight?? Surely if it is a sterile unit the chlorine will help if anything.
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-09-18), Ginger-bud (17-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

The chlorine will evap after 12-14hrs tb . If from zeed . Start at .2ec above and slowly increaze .2 at a time unless she wants more of course .

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-09-18), Ginger-bud (17-09-18), toblue (18-09-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post
    Hello all I will shortly be switching to RDWC from coco.

I will be running a completely sterile chemical only nutrients setup with no enzymes or beneficials.

My tap water is zero ec, occasionally 0.2 so very soft almost RO quality.

Am I correct in thinking I can just use water (correct temp as in bit from hot tap) straight from the taps WITHOUT dechlorinating overnight?? Surely if it is a sterile unit the chlorine will help if anything.
    It’s more the temps you have to worry about mate. Straight out the tap, it’ll be too cold. Or too hot, so it’ll shock the roots and be bad for the plant. Let it stand, or make sure it’s at the right temps before putting the roots in it, I think 18c was the right temp for water in dwc, but it’s been a while since I did It so double check lol

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-09-18), Ginger-bud (17-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,003 Times

I fill mine straight off the garden hose mate, if your running a chiller and lighting it won’t take long to reach 18c. Coldest mine has been was 11 degrees out the tap in winter but warms up in no time flowing round a warm tent. Sometimes mine look a little shocked like you would under a cold shower but only lasts a few hours before they are perked up again.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ginger-bud For This Useful Post:

British green (18-09-18), GEORGE (18-09-18), joker_the_smoker (17-09-18), toblue (18-09-18), tom222 (17-09-18)