Thread: Keeping my tent cool controlling temperature

Thanks

Default Keeping my tent cool controlling temperature

Hi i am growing in a tent inside a small box room but i cant keep my temperature down it gets too hot
    My grow tent is 1.2 x 1.2 x 2.0
    i have 1 gavita pro 600w
    Now i have attached a temperature plug to the extraction fan so it turns on when its too hot. But even still the room remains to hot so i was told to buy a intake fan to bring in fresh cool air.
    My extraction fan is carbon filter and is 220m3/hour.
    So what intake fan do i buy? what size? and do i use a temperature plug so it only turns on when its too hot? so same time as extraction fan? sorry for the noob questions but controlling my room temperature is the final stage before i can start my grow.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to elgodo For This Useful Post:

hotshot (12-09-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,604 Times in 5,428 Posts

Talking

You want your intake and outtake fan running at all times 24/0 with Neg pressure on your tent. Your tent should look like it is suck in and not out.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hotshot For This Useful Post:

MrEnigma (12-09-18), Valentina (12-09-18)

Thanks

this is why i cut the front off mine... and used the room as a whole turns out to be best decision ever.... no humidity problems heat problems are no issue all i had to do change was my outflow which may not be good for you but since its filtered il let it heat my home

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DreddFoxx For This Useful Post:

hotshot (12-09-18), Valentina (12-09-18)

Thanks

problem with tents you nedd a good 1 thats sealed and do not use foil ducts its like a cheese grater and makes it impossible for negative pressure

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DreddFoxx For This Useful Post:

hotshot (12-09-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elgodo View Post
    Hi i am growing in a tent inside a small box room but i cant keep my temperature down it gets too hot
    i have 1 gavita pro 600w
    Now i have attached a temperature plug to the extraction fan so it turns on when its too hot. But even still the room remains to hot so i was told to buy a intake fan to bring in fresh cool air.
    So what intake fan do i buy? what size? and do i use a temperature plug so it only turns on when its too hot? so same time as extraction fan? sorry for the noob questions but controlling my room temperature is the final stage before i can start my grow.
    I had the same issue what i did was open a window or door to cool the room down that my tent is in my temp dropped from 32.5 to 28.1
    I have nothing but time man. There it is. TIME. Something everyone has. Just gotta know how to use it!
    Mixed grow log http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1070814207

10. The Following User Says Thank You to grassmaker For This Useful Post:

hotshot (12-09-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elgodo View Post
    i have 1 gavita pro 600w
    I had to switch to LEDs!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolfs For This Useful Post:

hotshot (12-09-18)