Thread: Leafs curling upwards, sort of clawing.

Thanks

Default Leafs curling upwards, sort of clawing.

I planted these 2 bubba kush seeds on 04/09. It’s my first time growing and love it already, things have been going great watching these plants grow so far. But I’ve run into a bit of a problem, yesterday I have noticed the leafs curling upwards, sort of like a claw on the ends. My setup is as follows( I will be upgrading when flowering with a whole new setup)

75x75x1.3m tent
    125 watt Dual CFL with shade

I don’t have a fan and Filter as will he buying one when I upgrade to a bigger tent for flowering

I’m buying tomorrow a clip on fan so i can can get some circulation around in there

Also will buy a ph test kit and a 24 timer as I have had the lights on 24/7. But last night I’ve switched them to 18/6 since I thought maybe this problem was to much light, and getting to hot being on 24-7 with no fan circulating?

Does this look like heat stress? Also I moved the light up a bit as it was a little bit close to the plants now they’ve grown and tried the hand test did seem a little hot, but I did think CFLs could be quite close to the plant? Compared to HPS?

Have been feeding them water that has been standing for 24 hours, will pour over plants till a slight runoff in the tray and leave them to soak, confused also when to start nutes? What week? And I think I will be using biobiz grow and bloom.

Soil is biobizz all mix before I forget 😂

I have some pics to maybe show you all better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to candykushking For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-09-18), redisiel (13-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

I just noticed the things you haven’t got like fans, filter, ph meter etc so until you have these I wouldn’t even bother trying to fix anything until you have the equipment mate
    Keep your cfl about 2” away leave the hps for now and stick to water only in small amounts wait till the cup feels light before watering again
    Imho the plants need a dark period so 18/6 is perfect
    Redz
    Last edited by redisiel; 13-09-18 at 06:46 AM.
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,510 Times

The first set of leaves on my first plant did that mate. Ironman said it was just the roots finding hotspots in the soil and that's the way the plant reacts. I dont think its light or heat stress.

In soil you shouldn't really be messing with the water ph anyway mate as the soil buffers ph itself. Are you planning on potting up ? Autos dont really like being repotted but you can get away with it. Dont use any nutes until the plant has used up the soils nutes. The lower leaves go paler and then you start low dose grow. To be honest, using biobix all.mix I.doubt you will need any grow at all until flower (you have to use grow and bloom in flower with Biobizz nutes). Biobizz all mix is hot soil and will have enough nutes for 4 weeks at least !!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-09-18), Kurdt (14-09-18), Silkadin (13-09-18), UpT0wn (13-09-18), Wags (13-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,677 Times

+1 on what @Gaz said about the soil having nutes already in it, I used Westland multi purpose with added john innes and it stated on the bag that it should keep the plants fed for approx 5 weeks.

You might get away with no nutes until bloom buddy 😊

Sent from SPACE using LASERS
    Checkout my current grow - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...rip-light-auto

RQS Kush auto, bridgelux pc case grow box

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr_Motion For This Useful Post:

Gaz (13-09-18), GEORGE (13-09-18)

Thanks

Default Leafs curling upwards, sort of clawing.

Hey all,

I’ve been out and bought a few more things today that I think I needed, and here is my setup now. Now have air circulation. A hydro meter and lights dialled in on 18/6. Leaves are still looking as they are curling/clawing upwards, will this second plant just sort itself out? The first isn’t doing it too much, and also I’ve heightened the light a bit as I think was to close I think.. how far should should the light be away approximately?

Temps stay around 26c is that ok??

Stay high ☺️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to candykushking For This Useful Post:

Gaz (14-09-18), GEORGE (14-09-18)