Thread: Vegging tent requirements

Thanks

Default Answered: Vegging tent requirements

Contemplating a 0.8x0.8x2.0m tent next to my 1.2x1.2x2.0 bud box Purely for veggin so i have t5 light would i still need an intake and ectraction for plants at this stage?

In my current set up everythings on from start.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

2. "I use a veg tent and run my ducting between the two. So only need one extraction fan and carbon filter.

To answer your question more fully. There will be very little smell at this stage of the growing cycle, so that is not going to be an issue. T5 lamps are not the hottest but as nom has said smaller tents mean smaller spaces to heat up and they do heat up quicker than a bigger tent for obvious reasons.

Plants like a fairly narrow range of temps to grow well, I run a 315w CDM in a 80 x 80 x 160 veg tent and temps are fine even in summer. True the air from the veg tent is being pulled into the main tent by a RVK 6" extraction fan so that helps."

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dankofbhx For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,536 Times

Small tents can get hot quickly, you will find extraction helpful for controlling heat, but if your temps are ok you can do without.

If it does get too hot, you'l want a 4" fan.. No need for intake fan, just allow a gap for air to get in

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nom For This Useful Post:

Dankofbhx (13-09-18), GEORGE (13-09-18)

Viz Guest

I use a veg tent and run my ducting between the two. So only need one extraction fan and carbon filter.

To answer your question more fully. There will be very little smell at this stage of the growing cycle, so that is not going to be an issue. T5 lamps are not the hottest but as nom has said smaller tents mean smaller spaces to heat up and they do heat up quicker than a bigger tent for obvious reasons.

Plants like a fairly narrow range of temps to grow well, I run a 315w CDM in a 80 x 80 x 160 veg tent and temps are fine even in summer. True the air from the veg tent is being pulled into the main tent by a RVK 6" extraction fan so that helps.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

Dankofbhx (13-09-18), GEORGE (13-09-18), ggotch (13-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times
    Provided Answers: 19

you do still need an exchange of air :clean air in and stale used air out,so yes an extract is needed still.

some of my autos have become smelly while still vegging/at preflower so to cover arses id have a filter in there as well,you can then be prepared enough for the surprises thatll happen when the grow gremlins attack.

personally ive used the single f+f but found that using one powerful 6" fan it was better to use two seperate ducts as if you get bugs in the veg tent theyll be sucked into the flower tent ,n you dont want that.

atb with grow chap.
    Last edited by ggotch; 13-09-18 at 07:52 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

Dankofbhx (13-09-18), GEORGE (13-09-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    I use a veg tent and run my ducting between the two. So only need one extraction fan and carbon filter.

Plants like a fairly narrow range of temps to grow well, I run a 315w CDM in a 80 x 80 x 160 veg tent and temps are fine even in summer. True the air from the veg tent is being pulled into the main tent by a RVK 6" extraction fan so that helps.
    Viz thank you thats amazing! What a fantasic idea 😀 my carbon filters a beast my intake is 5 inch & extraction is a 6 inch will i need to go to an 8 as extraction and use the 6 inch for an intake because of the extra space?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dankofbhx For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-09-18)

Thanks

So guys these are my girls atm the options are two tents 0.8 and a 1.2 vs a 1.5x1.5x2 what would you choose

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dankofbhx For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-09-18)

Thanks

... i think i posted the same plant in the last one

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dankofbhx For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-09-18), ggotch (14-09-18)