Thread: Roots

Thanks

Default Roots

Or should I say lack off lol . Just killed off my seedlings and I didn't have too but its done now.

I started them in jiffy pellets and they popped up and had the smallest little root sticking out. Decided to go into first small round pots just as the pellets can dry out quick. So pot them up and water and notice a little growth the next day. Then growing seemed to stop for about 3 days, decided to take a look out of the pot. Coco was still a little damp but I couldn't see a single root. Annoyed by it I decided to sacrifice one and remove the coco from around the jiffy and when I did, I didn't see a single root. So got annoyed and done the same with the others and same thing.

Was wondering could it have anything to do with my pots for some reason felt hot? Inside the tent felt fine and none of the seedlings showed any sign of heat stress. Just the pots themselves and coco felt quite warm. Wondered if it was a bit too hot and that could of slowed down root growth?

Gonna ask my mate start a pack of seeds for me with the clones he is vegging. He said he wants to try a new strain so ill try talk him into a pack that I want. He can veg and sex n drop me some cuttings lol will sort him out to say thanks. If not then I'm doing fems and gonna buy a cfl again to start them under rather than the 250w hps. Feel then I can leave them under the cfl longer as less quick to dry out and can get a few roots before going into first pots. Fingers crossed I can just convince my mate though lol makes things quicker for me.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

hotshot (14-09-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,014 Times in 1,234 Posts

First chair. waitting for others.
    E: info@mars-hydro.com

Call :USA: 1-626-587-8506
    Chinese LED grow light$grow tent Manufacture.
    Stock in USA,AU,EU,Canada,UK, Russia. Free shipping, No tax.
    Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Family(share your grow with us )

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SmokeSara For This Useful Post:

hotshot (14-09-18)

Thanks

I ain't major bothered in a way that I think I am going to struggle every time now lol . I know next time I will go back to the old set up and order in a cfl bulb. Then leave them in either the jiffy longer so they have bit more root to them before potting up. I was running into shit when it came to potting up but I got the wilma purely to sort that out. From first pots into that, get good roots then I pot up again and hand water them in final pots.

Going to be a pain having to wait a little longer to start seeds off again though. My mates got plenty of cuts there but I am running them now and not impressing me enough to make me think I would run it again. I am gonna get onto him today, the seed is already planted about getting a new strain. Just going to push him in the right direction and make him an offer he cant refuse lol.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

hotshot (14-09-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 96,829 Times in 31,376 Posts

Most strange, nothing I can really suggest either
    Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction. (Bob Marley)

Please familiarise yourself with our Forum Rules -http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/faq.php

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

bazilbrush (14-09-18), hotshot (14-09-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Most strange, nothing I can really suggest either
    Yeah was strange to me as well mate, I can only think of it being I should have had more roots when going into the first pots. I usually would but I went in bit sharpish due to my cfl breaking and being under 150w hps and didnt want to risk the jiffys drying out. I will be ordering a cfl again though for starting stuff off as its just what I am used to after all these years and worked well for me. I popped 6 seeds and only half came up, never had more than 1 not pop up when I used my cfl. Not saying can't be done with hps but I will just stick with what works for me.

Anyway the boys got the gift of the gab aint it....its like fate lol. My mate phoned me last night and I was with a bird so I picked up the phone ... "sweet mate, are you in any sort of trouble?" "nah bruv I'm..." hung up lol . Called him back today and would you believe he is just sat looking at what pack of seeds to order lol. Talked him into ordering what i was gonna be running LOL. He is getting them and starting them soon as they arrive. I got a month plus a weeks drying until my tent is free again. Don't mind waiting a little bit for these cuts as I absolutely love the strain, probably the best I have grown. So yeah happy days really

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

hotshot (14-09-18), M_C (14-09-18)