Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: First grow Soon™ - soil and nutrients advice req.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,219 Times

Default First grow Soon™ - soil and nutrients advice req.

Right so I believe I'm almost fully setup with equipment:

90x90x200cm hydo tent.
    265 quantum board from invisi.
    Rhino pro and RVK fan for extraction - put fan in mdf box with carpet underlay to reduce noise
    Going to try passive intake to start (can get inline fan if needed once going)
    Couple small fans for circulation
    Heavy duty timer
    TP55 humidy/temp checker

Think that's all I'm going to use equipment wise to start with at least.

But now I'm onto the difficult task of putting all this stuff to good use and deciding how to grow my northern lights photo seeds in soil.

Now as I'm in UK, I wanted to go with farm stuff, but think I'm opting to go with Biobizz light mix soil. I read it's better as you can add your own nutes and maintain better?
    What nutrients do I need for the whole process. I read biobizz bloom and fish are good and all I should need? Obv lots of different opinions all over the net.

Also what potting mix do people suggest I use?

I think I'm going to use a jiffy peat pallet to germinate. then transplant to a plastic cup. Then I'm unsure as to whether I go straight to a big fabric pot or pot up slowly to maximum size. Only going to run 1 plant in my tent and want to make the most of it. Still unsure of pot sizes.

Thanks all

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kudos For This Useful Post:

G' (20-09-18), GEORGE (19-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by kudos View Post
    Right so I believe I'm almost fully setup with equipment:

90x90x200cm hydo tent.
    265 quantum board from invisi.
    Rhino pro and RVK fan for extraction - put fan in mdf box with carpet underlay to reduce noise
    Going to try passive intake to start (can get inline fan if needed once going)
    Couple small fans for circulation
    Heavy duty timer
    TP55 humidy/temp checker

Think that's all I'm going to use equipment wise to start with at least.

But now I'm onto the difficult task of putting all this stuff to good use and deciding how to grow my northern lights photo seeds in soil.

Now as I'm in UK, I wanted to go with farm stuff, but think I'm opting to go with Biobizz light mix soil. I read it's better as you can add your own nutes and maintain better?
    What nutrients do I need for the whole process. I read biobizz bloom and fish are good and all I should need? Obv lots of different opinions all over the net.

Also what potting mix do people suggest I use?

I think I'm going to use a jiffy peat pallet to germinate. then transplant to a plastic cup. Then I'm unsure as to whether I go straight to a big fabric pot or pot up slowly to maximum size. Only going to run 1 plant in my tent and want to make the most of it. Still unsure of pot sizes.

Thanks all
    I can help you with the pot size, but you will have to wait, for someone to come along, for the other question. A 15.2L pot will work well. Good luck and happy growing. I prefer the fabric, but other's pots work just as well.
    Last edited by GEORGE; 19-09-18 at 09:19 AM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

G' (20-09-18), kudos (19-09-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    I can help you with the pot size, but you will have to wait, for someone to come along, for the other question. A 15.2L pot will work well. Good luck and happy growing. I prefer the fabric, but other's pots work just as well.
    Thank you, should I gradually increase pot size. Like change pot maybe 3 times?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kudos For This Useful Post:

G' (20-09-18), gardro (19-09-18), GEORGE (19-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Thank you, should I gradually increase pot size. Like change pot maybe 3 times?
    First pot should be small, say 0.5L max to reduce chance of watering issues, then upto you but 3 steps is what i do.

0.5>>5>>15 litre. No right or wrong here just make sure roots are developed before potting up

A lot of guys swear by plant magic soil supreme and old timers range of nutes.

I used canna terra range with ok results

Verve from B&Q works well too if you dont want a posh soil

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

G' (20-09-18), GEORGE (19-09-18), kudos (19-09-18), UpT0wn (19-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,042 Times

My first 2 grow was with Biobiz and I had mixed results with it. Currently using Plant magic and have found it to be alot better but this is my opinion.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cont3 For This Useful Post:

G' (20-09-18), GEORGE (19-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

I started using plagron batmix but some of the girls kept hitting hot spots so on this grow i used plant magic plus with added perlite and ecothrive charge and the results have been amazing, root development in this soil is unbelievable and the first time i used nutes on my girls was around 2 weeks after flip, the only thing they had during veg was a wee bit of the charge, i would highly recommend this soil, all the best which ever you go for brother, G'.
    FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FU#@ING FOR VIRGINITY

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-09-18), kudos (21-09-18)

Thanks

Plagron light mix is a good soil, Been using advanced nutrients with it and its worked out nice. (voodoo juice, bloom a and b, carboload, big bud and overdrive)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to D90 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-09-18)

Thanks

I’ll probably get plant magic next time round but I went with light mix biobizz to test for myself. Can I put the seedling after its germinated into this soil in a plastic cup or does it need a more specific seedling soil? Before going into a bigger pot with biobizz soil? Thanks all

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kudos For This Useful Post:

G' (24-09-18), GEORGE (23-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,927 Times

I’ll probably get plant magic next time round but I went with light mix biobizz to test for myself. Can I put the seedling after its germinated into this soil in a plastic cup or does it need a more specific seedling soil? Before going into a bigger pot with biobizz soil? Thanks all
    Biobizz light is perfect for seedlings. Requires nutes after a couple of weeks
    Current grow: Cindy jocks & Royal Dwaft

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ery-Auto-Diary

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to UpT0wn For This Useful Post:

G' (24-09-18), Gaz (24-09-18), GEORGE (24-09-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UpT0wnSkunk View Post
    Biobizz light is perfect for seedlings. Requires nutes after a couple of weeks
    Thanks for the response! Appreciate it

20. The Following User Says Thank You to kudos For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-09-18)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast